What paperwork do ofsted need to see on inspection?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What paperwork do ofsted need to see on inspection?

I've had a call from prospects that inspection will be soon. I just wanted to get my head around which docs ofsted need to see and that I can confidently show them without breaking confidentially for the families. Thanks in anticipation x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

They will want to see the LJ's of the children who attend that day and none others. They will also look at your policies to make sure they cover all of the current legislation. They may look at your register, PL insurance, car insurance and Data Control certificate. They may want to see evidence of self assesment - SEF or Quality Framework

Post Thanks / Like

That's great, so am I right in assuming they won't ask to look at contracts or child record forms? Would I just show blank copies if they want to see examples of what I use to gather info?

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't need to see the contracts - that is between you and the parents

Post Thanks / Like

Great, that's very helpful thanks :-)

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Natlou82 how long have you waited for your inspection? I think my first one should be very soon. Need to stop coming on here for a while and do an audit to check everthing is on target.lol

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

I registered in March, my DO told me I was due Aug/Sep but to expect they may come in school hols (no schools to inspect) I knew I'd get the call when on my holidays, which is exactly what happened! Just got back today, just waiting on call from inspector :-/ luckily I caught up on all my paperwork before I went away and submitted my SEF. I'm gonna be a nervous wreck though when I know when I know the date, and definitely on the day!

8. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick thought, what about my accident, incident and medication folder - what will they need to see in that?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they looked all through mine 2 weeks ago.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    Quick thought, what about my accident, incident and medication folder - what will they need to see in that?
    Yes: they'll want to see you are following requirements to record all accidents, letting parents know in good time, have permissions in place for medication to be administered, record what child has had in previous 24 hours etc.........

At my last inspection the Inspector was glad to see I was recording lots of accidents, even little ones

good luck with it all

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou :-)

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Natlou82

Just wondering if you got everything sorted for your inspection, how did it go?

Jadavi posted a thread about hers and what they looked for, it well worth a read and has lots of pointers to what is looked for during inspection.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, I'm still waiting for the inspector to call (my call was from prospects to say it was due) i will check out that thread, I keep making little changes from what I read on here ;-)

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    Hiya, I'm still waiting for the inspector to call (my call was from prospects to say it was due) i will check out that thread, I keep making little changes from what I read on here ;-)
    So do prospects ring and arrange a day or the actual Ofsted inspector.
    On my pre reg the actual Mrs O phoned and she turned up. New to all this myself, so following a lot of threads about first inspection to update myself like you, keep revisiting everything and adding to it or taking away. Can't stop cleaning toys, house, garden. I've gone potty with it

Post Thanks / Like

Yours may be different, on my pre reg I also got a call from prospects prior to inspector. This time prospects have rang to see what days I mind EY children and said this information will now be passed onto an inspector and they will call to arrange a visit. Tbh I just want to get it over with now! Also I'm confused as someone who attended my course had her inspection yesterday and the inspector did look at all of her contracts, does this not breach data protection?

17. Likes mum67 liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think most inspectors will look at contracts , there is information on there that we are obliged to have to meet the welfare requirements . Your confidentiality policy should mention ofsted having access to records.

Post Thanks / Like

Tbh I thought the welfare requirements would be covered on the child record form. I'm just driving myself round the bend, just don't want to be caught out in any way! Oh I ll be so glad when this is over!!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Information about the child
    3.71 Providers must record the following information for each child in their
    care: full name; date of birth; name and address of every parent and/or carer
    who is known to the provider (and information about any other person who
    has parental responsibility for the child); which parent(s) and/or carer(s) the
    child normally lives with; and emergency contact details for parents and/or
    carers.

This is the information that they will check you have collected - is all that on your child record form? If so then that's probably all they will look at. But we all know that inspectors vary greatly in what and how they check unfortunately

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks natlou82

After reading all the advice on the forum about inspections, I am putting all my paperwork (contracts, accident forms) which are in files on the window sill for Mr/Mrs O to look at if and when they want to.

I read a blog yesterday about inspection day and it is very interesting and informative. If you type this name into google a website will come up, I will type it on here now but if it stars out I shall private message you. It is well worth a read especially for us new comers. ***********childminding

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

natlou82 I've sent you a private message hope it helps. Jadavi put a post on about her inspection it is in general childminding chat, under ofsted inspections with the heading 'update on inspection' or something like that. You will spot it easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast