ofsted tomorrow!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted tomorrow!

Things seem to be stacked against me for this inspection, she delayed it so we're now in the middle of an extension with no garden, would normally be out all day avoiding it but staying in, my 3 year old mindee that would of told inspector she loves it here has diarrhoea so isn't coming, her toddler bro is still thank goodness but is likely to be upset as sister isn't there and my own son fake sobs in the corner of the room when strangers come in the house and if he's ok is either trying to jump on the sofas or throwing a tantrum as he's just hitting 2, but despite it all I can't wait to get it out the way!!!!!!!
    Feel like it's been hanging over me forever!
    Couple of quick questions, mindee arrives at 8 and inspector not due till 930, do you think it would be ok to go to park round corner, literally 2 mins away first thing, leave a note for her on door to say ring if get there early?! Without garden access I feel 2 boys under 2that love being outside will go stir crazy indoors all morning but if I can let them run off some steam first thing it should help. Do they come earlier than planned or would thst set me up for bad impression?!
    Anyway I can't wait for it to be over, hope she's read my sef, forgot to tell her I'd done it and it's uploaded to the ofsted page, was too flustered when she called!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I, like you, was registered in Nov and they haven't come yet so I understand how you feel. I think it would be a good idea to pop out but be back by 9.10 ...that way they will have had fresh air and PD - shows how you are managing your lack of garden currently, I would put out photos of what you did in your garden before it became unavailabe, they can only judge on what they see but photos might give evidence. If you are not there first thing they will be returning enthusiastically to what you have set up too and not made it all untidy by then. But you do need to have time to settle your son before the stranger arrives.

Good luck, I am sure it will all be fine.

3. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, take them out early. Mrs O is unlikely to arrive before she says she will ( they often travel long distances) and if you leave a note and are 2 minutes away, that sounds like a good solution. Also shows you still take them out even without a garden. Good luck!

5. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it goes well

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly my thoughts, but just wasn't sure if others agreed with my way of thinking! Right we'll have a quick brekkie then off to the park, I was planning on being back by 915 latest so like you say we can settle in, get shoes off etc.
    Can't wait for it to be over!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hooray it's over!!
    I was so nervous throughout but apart from my own toddler's terrible behaviour and a tantrum as she shouted her feedback over his screams (he woke for the day at 5 so was shattered!) it went fine!

For anyone that wants feedback of what happened for the first inspection here it is:

She arrived on time and had her ID ready out for me so I looked at it and wrote her in the book. In my fluster I forgot to ask her to not use her mobile but I assume she read my policies as she didn't ask any questions about that at all. She didn't do a lot of things I expected her to, didn't watch hand washing, didn't check nappy change hygiene, didn't check tables wiped before dinner etc.
    Anyway she came in and we carried on playing with the toy kitchen, she asked about the children I have on roll, when they all started, what their ages were and what days they attend. Not long after she arrived we went through to the dining room for a snack, she asked a few more questions about type of meals I provide etc, and asked for the learning journey of the child I had today. She asked what I'd learnt from the course on planning and observations I went on recently and what changes I'd made to lj as a result, she looked at the progress trackers and asked what areas each child had developed most in since they started with me 4 months ago.

I then took the children back into the living room and she stayed there looking through policies, registers, ljs and photos of activities and outings while we played/children fought over toys!!
    She came back in and asked questions about what I'd changed since starting, ways I'd improved, things I'd learnt, courses I planned to go on and why, future plans to improve.
    She asked what building work we were having done and whether I'd informed ofsted which I had in writing before it started and told her I knew to inform them when complete with RA for using the new rooms. The builders knew inspection was happening so didnt talk/sing etc etc the whole time, it was like they weren't there which was amazing as 5 of them were putting up scaffolding and then working the whole time!
    She also asked how I get the children outside while garden not in use so I told her how we usually go to Wisley gardens, local park and paddling pool, adventure playground in nearby forest etc and she was very happy with that.
    Then had lunch and afterwards she gave feedback as my son screamed!
    She said only recommendation was to find ways to manage behaviour as both boys wanted the same toy the whole time and my son more so and to stop the screaming and imminent meltdown I was focusing more on him to keep him distracted at the expense of mindee. ..I knew I was doing it and explained that and I was doing it much more so than normal as she was watching and I know that not doing so could result in a 30 min long tantrum, didn't want her thinking I only give attention to my son as he's demanding it all the time and she didn't mind my standing up for myself a bit, especially as I hold my handa up as today I did exactly as she said I did!
    She said I was very patient, caring and attentive, planned for children well, developed them well as I know them so well. Said I had good linka with preschool and parents and provide them with excellent outings and activities :-)
    Over the moon with comments, hope they all go in report! !
    So pleased it's over at last, enjoying celebratory wine and pizza this eve!

She was lovely and asked questions as she chatted to me while I played with the children, sat with us while we had our snack, stayedin

9. Likes Tulip, hsav liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh fantastic Alex, well done

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it sounds like it went really well! Well done

Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your wine xx

AUG 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Help in a panic

Hi everyone

Just had the call my inspection is for the second week in Jan.

I need to get on top of my housework and paperwork and we have to decorate 2 rooms
    as well i just do not know where to start and im in a real panic.

Any advice would be appreciated.

XXX

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, bet you are glad its all over and you can relax over xmas and new year. My friends is in the first week after new year!