Help!! 1st inspection next week!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!! 1st inspection next week!!

Hi,

I've got my first inspection next week, I think all my paperwork is in order but just want to check I've crossed the t's and dotted the i's.... So if there's anything you think I might need to do please let me know...
    Also I've been asked to plan an activity to do while the inspector is here, has anyone else had this? I only have a 15 mth old (and my own child, 21 mths) so if anyone had any ideas for that please let me know...

Thanks in advance...

Lucy x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

An inspection is not the time to be trying anything new- plan the children's favourite activity, something tried and tested, nothing fancy or tricky, have everything ready before hand. Make sure you know why you are doing it (link it to the next steps you have planned based on your obs). Make sure you can explain what the children are learning, maybe have an idea of how you could follow-up and extend that type of activity in future, in case inspector asks.

Also have a Plan B activity ready in case the children decide they don't want to do what you planned! again something simple and reliable.

Good luck

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    An inspection is not the time to be trying anything new- plan the children's favourite activity, something tried and tested, nothing fancy or tricky, have everything ready before hand. Make sure you know why you are doing it (link it to the next steps you have planned based on your obs). Make sure you can explain what the children are learning, maybe have an idea of how you could follow-up and extend that type of activity in future, in case inspector asks.

Also have a Plan B activity ready in case the children decide they don't want to do what you planned! again something simple and reliable.

Good luck
    Thank you, that's really helpful...

Lucy x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucykate21 View Post
    Thank you, that's really helpful...

Lucy x
    ...and another one: make sure you get the children playing outside (remember sun protection!). That is a real must, inspectors pick up on 'lack-of-outdoor-play' as an easy criticism. Even if it is raining (have waterproofs ready).

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Snap! Got mine next week too, so good luck. We should compare notes after!! I have lots of outside play organised, and my mindee also likes playing with zoo animals and dinosaurs - so that will be an indoor activity. Will struggle with next step planning - he is only 31 months, but hey will go with the flow I guess. I have organised colouring activities (mark making) and painting - but he tends to move from activity to activity very quickly. Anyway ... good luck

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antics View Post
    Snap! Got mine next week too, so good luck. We should compare notes after!! I have lots of outside play organised, and my mindee also likes playing with zoo animals and dinosaurs - so that will be an indoor activity. Will struggle with next step planning - he is only 31 months, but hey will go with the flow I guess. I have organised colouring activities (mark making) and painting - but he tends to move from activity to activity very quickly. Anyway ... good luck
    thanks, i will let you know how i get on....
    i was thinking colouring type activity too. we do go outside alot, my back door is always open and it leads off the playroom so they are always in and out but thanks for the tip..... it's my planning i worry about most but hopefully what i've got is enough....
    i'll be glad when it's over with....
    lucy x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucykate21...

There is lots of help for planning in the free resources section. I'm sure your planning is fine, but why not take a lot and see what's available for download?

There are activity plans, group planning sheets, spider planning webs and lots more to help

Good luck with your inspection x

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Post Thanks / Like

I had mine last week and my little one is into farm animals so we took them outside and put them in the tuff spot in the straw - he loved it and so did the inspector

Post Thanks / Like

I have mine next week too- I have 6 under 19 months and I find planning tough! Xx

pre reg
    Non childminder member
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you get on with your inspection? x