Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Permission forms question

Hello all,
    I hope this doesn't sound utterly daft, but I'm having a mini meltdown here with inspection next week...
    Are Ofsted expecting to see SIGNED permission forms?
    The reason I ask is that I don't see why they should have to look at each child's personal (and confidential!) folder (mine include their contracts, child record forms, and signed permission forms) if they can see detailed info such as addresses, emergency contacts, doctors etc) elsewhere?
    I seem to remember reading a thread about putting all that info in a central place like the attendance book (fab idea), and in that case surely an unsigned form would be fine?
    Please can anyone reassure me and tell me I haven't lost the plot???

aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ofsted can ask to see your forms..

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All Permission forms need to be signed and Ofsted may well wish to see them.

You are right though they do not need to see Contracts as they are Confidential between us and parents. I remove all Contracts from my information before an inspection. I am happy for them to see Permission forms, parental responsibility forms and the child's Information form.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Certain things take precedence over the broad need to maintain confidentiality. Within certain parameters, Ofsted inspections are one of those things.

IIRC, the only permissions specifically demanded by EYFS are for medication; outings and sole care provided by an assistant. The statutory requirement to comply with current data protection legislation implies a regulatory obligation to have permission for data storage and handling.

All our other permissions are, therefore, pretty much to 'cover our backsides' and/or for insurance purposes. But I suspect Ofsted would have grounds to show an interest as they are proof of due diligence in many aspects of our service. Put another way, I think any CM who refused to show them to an Ofsted inspector could be staring down the barrel of a downgrading.

Simona Guest

The only forms Ofsted have a right to see are those linked to the EYFS Welfare Requirements and for reasons of compliance

Ofsted will not ask to see contracts or personal family information at inspections
    Whatever consent forms we need to have signed can be part of the contract but put in a different section like a prospectus not the contract itself...it is not difficult to separate them and should work well

Once signed by the parents keep a copy in the child's record file in case of any issues arising around Welfare Requirements

6. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post