Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted Feedback...

After 4 days of waiting Mrs O arrived this morning, i got a Good Recommendation: Let the children play in mud!!!

Arrived at 8.45,I.D checked at door, asked her to sign my diary in/out.You need to sign in/out in some way.
    Introduced her to the children(3 Mindee's - 9 months,1, and 3) who were finishing brekky,asked her if she would mind waiting in the kitchen until we had finished and then i would show her around.
    All of my paperwork was set out on a table in lounge,she could observe me in the playroom with the children.She looked through my policy's/procedures but didn't ask me any questions about these and she didn't check any safety e.g.fire alarms,cupboard locks etc. The emphasis is definately on the EYFS.
    Wanted to clearly see starting points,next steps and parent involvement.Asked 3 year old mindee a lot of questions about things she enjoyed asked me certain development questions about all of the children.
    Lots of questions about parent communication and try to get written evidence of feedback.
    Fill in your Self Evaluation even if you don't do loads...Mrs O said it was really useful and i didn't have a lot of chance to explain things and answer questions through the day so this was my way of making sure she understood my setting.
    Don't be afraid to talk to her, my inspector today gave me loads of feedback and advice which i intend to use.She did say that standards have risen and it is even harder to acheive an outstanding grade. So "hats off" to all you Outstanding childminders out there.
    I was graded "Good". As i have said my recommendation was to allow children to experience the natural world-let them play in mud,build things from materials,think for themselves...glad it's over but i have actually enjoyed the experience today...never thought i would say that!!
    A big thankyou to my forum friends for the help and advice you have given me.

2. Likes Pixie dust, hectors house, sarah707 liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Many congrats, well done xx

4. Likes Cassie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and well done! Thank you so much for the feedback

6. Likes Cassie liked this post
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. Sounds like a good and beneficial inspection. Well done

8. Likes Cassie liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and so pleased to hear that your inspection was a positive experience. My inspector would have given my childminding friend an outstanding today if playing in mud was the criteria, her children were stamping, splashing and falling over in the muddiest puddle you can imagine (with full waterproofs on), it was like an episode of Peppa Pig!

10. Likes Cassie liked this post