Ofsted inspector mobile phone ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted inspector mobile phone ?

I understand we must check ID and I always use safety pass words and ask for mobiles to be put in box provided, would I ask an inspector to give up their phone ?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some LSCBs ask for this don't they?? Mine don't but I have heard it before.

if it's your policy then yes you should ask but I can't see the inspector wanting to give up their phone - which makes me wonder if this policy has been thought through .... hmmm! xx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had a big discussion around this with the inspector at my pre reg as I have some strong opinions about not trusting all visitors because a very bad person took photos in a nursery setting!
    The conclusion was: that you have a mobile phone policy where you have thought through risks.
    That you could ask the Inspector to switch off her phone if possible whist she was visiting....but......
    ...... That you should be able to trust an inspector not to take photos / send abusive texts etc...
    My inspector said she would always do what she is asked in giving over phone, but it was not necessary as long as you show you have RA'd - she said she was more concerned with children using Mobiles eg after schoolies and would expect a policy of these children not having use of phone unless fully supervised due to increasing safeguarding issues of bullying etc..
    We agreed that some settings have gone overboard in this area:

I once had to put my mobile phone in a tray drawer when taking part in a review with only adults in attendance at a nursery that put a blanket ban on mobiles in their setting....I did not go into any area where there was children, I was a trustworthy HT, my expensive top of the range phone went missing when I went to collect it ...a parent at another review meeting was offered the tray on exit and she obviously took mine!! Denied it of course .... Nursery stopped that policy.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My inspectors rang while she was here. She looked at me and I quoted my policy to her that she could answer calls buts no photographs would be allowed. She smiled and said she was glad I knew what was in it.

Inspectors are human too in my case it was her dh ringing to tell her that one of their animals had to be put down

So follow exactly what you say you will do in your policy
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes dawn100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you x