Will an inspector stick to my routine on their visit?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will an inspector stick to my routine on their visit?

Hi everyone,
    I have been reading through so many posts and haven't quite found my answer so thought I would ask directly!

I am due my inspection but have a concern / query about routine. I take my little ones out every morning come hell or high water to a different activity / park / soft play etc each day. On our way to whichever activity we have chosen both children tend to sleep in the buggy. We then do the activity, head home for lunch and a sleep and I always do an EYFS grounded activity and free play in the afternoon until pick up.
    Both my little ones are in a great routine and the parents etc are very happy with it plus one of the little ones in particular has to run off tons of energy so as not to be bouncing off the walls! (I don't have a garden, just an awkward outside space and a balcony)

My concern with the inspection is whether I could ask them to come for just the afternoon? Then my little one's won't be out of routine, will be well slept and having a 'normal' day. Is this possible? Would they have enough time to inspect from 2pm ish?

Any advice would be great!

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can ask but if they do come in the morning you will be expected to stay in.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend has always had hers in the afternoon,talk to the inspector when they ring, explain your concerns, I've known inspectors go on nursery runs and out to the park but not toddlers or soft play.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

All my inspections have been mornings, they have always told me that they then do their paperwork / report in the afternoon.

One Inspector wouldn't give me a date, just a two week period that she was come & told me if she wasn't there by 10am then she wasn't coming that day... That really messed up the children's routine as I go out with the kids every morning too, so ended up going late to playgroups.

No harm in asking though!

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I seem to remember a post on here a while ago where a member insisted that the inspector come with her to the playground in the morning as that was the normal routine. Sorry, can't remember where or when. Someone else might?

If the change in routine is going to affect naptime for very little ones then you could argue that in their best interest you HAVE to go out. I think it's ridiculous that the inspector can't go out with us during an inspection. Are we not working when we leave the house?!?!?!