Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st inspection - EYFS documentation for 5 year old

Got the call and will be inspected in the next week

My question and confusion lies with what documentation I am supposed to show for my mindee who is 5 and I just have him before and after school.

My DO said it was not appropriate to have a LJ as the EYFS responsibility no longer falls on me but the school. However how can I evidence what things we do like going to the library, trips out (had mindee during half term) and activities at home.

I don't have a daily diary with parent as not appropriate, I do make observations about mindee which I discuss with parent + teacher but it isn't documented as such. I read on another thread that I can't get more than satisfactory as I am not looking after a child in the EYFS. It his correct?

All my other paperwork is fine it is just the stuff for my mindee. Any clarification will be helpful so I can put something together if need be.

Thanks

Ps. Apologies for any typos, writing this on phone with smallest keyboard ever!
    Last edited by Valencia; 04-11-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you put together a scrap book with photos and examples of work in a note of activities she enjoys when she is with you? That's what I do fro older ones.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello hun.

I would do a scrapbook like RS said and write little things up about what you were doing...

You can even use our fire trip as part of your own fire safety

You will be fine xxx

Let me know how it goes! Then we can plan some Christmas trips to see Santa LOL!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HI

Do you have any evidence of working with parents and other settings (school etc)? The only other thing is the scrapbook as mentioned, get feedback forms from parents etc. You're not required to prodice a LJ or diary or follow the EYFS but certainly Ofsted will be interested in your communication with other settings to show you have thought about the setting you provide for the child.

Hope this helps!

OCT 97
    Post Thanks / Like

is your five year old in reception, just because we don't have to follow the eyfs with children in reception full time does not mean we cant. another member on here recently had a ofsted that went well using a lj she had out together for a reception aged child as she did not have any other eyfs children.

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, is he the only child you have? I had my inspection recently, I only have a reception class child too so far so I did a full learning journey for him, ob's next steps etc just to show I had the understanding and ability...its really helped me too tbh, and it's benefiting him so I'm continuing it!!

Mrs 'O' did ring back before she came tho to ask if he was still 4 and not 5! Am sure she said something about not inspecting me if he was 5??

Good Luck!!

jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspectors have always trusted what I have told them as far as activities ect are concerned. Have never asked for evidence. Anyway a 5 year old can talk so she could ask questions to him/her.

Do we really have to have proof?? I have never had to. They know which questions to ask to see if we mean what we say, in my opinion. We have better things to do than prove we go to the library every week or to the park etc. This is not a police investigation where we are trusted only if we have proof... Or is it??

I wish you good luck, and my advice would be to list all the activities, regular outings, what you do to promote each area of learning, and know how to respond to safeguarding questions and safety procedures, so all these on paper for you to remember everything you want to say.
    I would also prepare a little sth to say on the child to show you know him well and are aware of his/her needs and know what to plan next, even if you do not have to do the EYFS.