Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Inspection - Scared!!

Hi,

My first graded inspection is this week. It'll be weds/thurs/fri and I am very scared!!!

Have only been minding for two months, so I haven't really got anything exactly how I want it yet - been told not to complete the SEF, but to write down improvements.

Guess I just need some reassurance!!!!

I am very nervous now!!!

Help!!!

Kim xxx

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I was in the same position, so I know exactly how you feel!! Have been minding since 10th Sept and had my inspection on 1st Nov! I did fill in my SEF (the weekend before she was due- I don't think I've drank so much coffee in my life!! haha) and it went down well with Mrs 'O' ''She is very committed to her professional development and uses self-evaluation extremely well to monitor and address any areas for development.'' Is in my report- so maybe if you have some time give it a try. I had all my paperwork, risk assessments, policys ect in order and had made a start on a learning journey- I did an all about me, had made my own for parents, but they didnt really fill it it like I wanted so I did a different one with my mindee and wrote his answers exactly how he said them, which Mrs 'O' found very amusing! I did some sticky note ob's, then I did one complete observation with next steps ect, had a few paintings pictures ect and some extra notes! I have started putting a folder together for things to do each month, events ect... Oh and labels! She loved the labels!!!

Good Luck!! x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would do some sort of self evaluation if you have time Kim - inspectors are very hot on it at the moment.

You'll be fine! Just wow them with how committed and dedicated you are

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to wish you good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!