Inspection for non eyfs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection for non eyfs

Hi, I've been registered since summer 2010 now and have only had one child within the eyfs who comes very occasionally in the holidays , i've done bits of planning ,obs etc for the times he's been here.
    Ofsted have rung a few times before i had him and said to ring back when i had an eyfs child , i have rung and told them when he was with me but heard nothing back the problem is it's often short notice.
    I had a conversation with my development officier who said as i'm well over due my first inspection i would probably get inspected on the older children.
    She seems to think this is the bad as they only gives you meeting requirements or not .
    What things do i need to be thinking about for the older ones ? they are 7,8 and 10? Thanks for any help.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you are due an inspection and you are registered on the Eyfs then Ofsted will want to inspect you on that.

If you cannot provide evidence of looking after children on the Eyfs then they will check you are meeting the requirements by giving you a 'no children on roll' inspection -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/p...ll-or-no-child

Or you can de-register from the Eyfs and just be inspected on the childcare register -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/c...er-inspections

Hth

july10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, if they did a no eyfs child on roll inspection would they inspect me on the older ones at the same time?
    If they did what would they be looking at for the other children?
    Sorry if it seems a daft question!

july10
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seen the link ! thanks I think i have all the things in place but my development officier says i had to evidence some planning for the older ones, they have a scrap book that we write ideas for things they want to do in holidays etc we have some photo's in and they do whatever else they want to do in them.
    I have a diary and make a note of what were doing on what day (for me really) but other than that they just do whatever they like after school (usually football). would that be ok i'm unsure really.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only evidence you need for older ones is that you are meeting the statutory requirements of the Childcare Register.

The requirements do not mention planning... they are based on keeping older children safe and healthy etc.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/f...me-childcarers

You just need to evidence the childminder bits of these requirements not the ones that say 'home childcarers'.

Hth