OFSTED CIF documents coming soon
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default OFSTED CIF documents coming soon

I received this tweet from Ofsted today on the CIF updated documents we are all expecting to be published soon

Ofsted ‏@Ofstednews · 16 mins16 minutes ago
    @signoramac you're welcome: we'll be posting links to our updated inspection documents here on Twitter

I will be on the lookout but I am sure the docs will be widely available everywhere.

We are Ready and waiting !!

The new SEF will be on the website in September...see thread and comments on this in the Forum SEF section

2. Likes hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks ... I'm on tenterhooks waiting for an inspection!

my friend had the call today - coming at some point in next 2 weeks. said she HAD to come in next 2 weeks ...

what's the betting I get the call the first week of September !!!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Thanks ... I'm on tenterhooks waiting for an inspection!

my friend had the call today - coming at some point in next 2 weeks. said she HAD to come in next 2 weeks ...

what's the betting I get the call the first week of September !!!
    I am sure you are ready ...even tough...apprehensive and I think many are in the same situation.

I personally think it is unacceptable that Ofsted have left the publication of the last documents to the last minute.
    We have had a few docs already but I can't see the reason behind inflicting more stress on already stressed providers?

The Ofsted Power Point on CIF should be of help in looking at what they are judging us on...they have just juggled the 4 areas and put a lot of emphasis on teaching and BV and all the 'common language'

Stay calm and good luck!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

I am sure you are ready ...even tough...apprehensive and I think many are in the same situation.

I personally think it is unacceptable that Ofsted have left the publication of the last documents to the last minute.
    We have had a few docs already but I can't see the reason behind inflicting more stress on already stressed providers?

The Ofsted Power Point on CIF should be of help in looking at what they are judging us on...they have just juggled the 4 areas and put a lot of emphasis on teaching and BV and all the 'common language'

Stay calm and good luck!
    Thanks.

No matter what they change and how they change it, I'm not going to change how i work and what i do ... so they'll have to work out what goes where!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a few cms who have been told their inspections HAD to be done before Sept. I think I'd question WHY it HAD to be done by then. Is it because there is a deadline set by DfE or Oftsed (I've not heard of one other than the inspection cycle dates), or is it because the inspectors have to reach their targets by that date?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I know a few cms who have been told their inspections HAD to be done before Sept. I think I'd question WHY it HAD to be done by then. Is it because there is a deadline set by DfE or Oftsed (I've not heard of one other than the inspection cycle dates), or is it because the inspectors have to reach their targets by that date?
    My friend was going to ask and was under the impression that the inspector needed to do it before the new framework came in ( maybe some inspectors haven't been trained yet hence the rush? ) but apparently the inspector wasn't very impressed that my friend wasn't available much ( several already paid for and planned outings to celebrate end of holidays! ) and my friend didn't want to antigonise any further!

Simona Guest

My friend was going to ask and was under the impression that the inspector needed to do it before the new framework came in ( maybe some inspectors haven't been trained yet hence the rush? ) but apparently the inspector wasn't very impressed that my friend wasn't available much ( several already paid for and planned outings to celebrate end of holidays! ) and my friend didn't want to antigonise any further!
    All Tribal/Prospects inspectors are being trained as we speak for the new CIF...and Ofsted itself is doing that training
    There are hundreds of those inspectors so I would assume they are being trained in batches.

Ofsted made it very clear at the London OBC that nothing has changed in terms of the 2012-2016 inspection cycle...it carries on regardless.

Apart from reading about it in this forum I have not picked up this 'we must be inspected before September' anywhere else
    Maybe some cms have got the message wrong or got the wrong impression?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can also confirm one of my friends who was recently inspected was told the same in her phone call with inspector before visit in regards to needing to do inspection before September.

Simona Guest

The only way to clarify this is to call Ofsted and ask to clarify the reason behind being inspected before September without letting it become a worry.
    If this was so would Ofsted not have informed providers to let everyone know?

When inspectors call to advise of an inspection they can be questioned on the statements they make.