Ofsted
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ofsted

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted

When OFSTED grade you do they take into account all mindees and their activities etc or just EYFS ones?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted inspection grading for EYFS is outstanding/good/requires improvement etc
    Grading for Childcare Register is 'met' or 'not met'

They will take in to account whether the older children negatively-impact the care of the EYFS ones. But there is no judgement on what great things you do with older ones, just whether you meet the statutory requirements of Childcare reg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Ofsted inspection grading for EYFS is outstanding/good/requires improvement etc Grading for Childcare Register is 'met' or 'not met' They will take in to account whether the older children negatively-impact the care of the EYFS ones. But there is no judgement on what great things you do with older ones, just whether you meet the statutory requirements of Childcare reg.
    Great - thanks moggy :-)

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Great - thanks moggy :-)
    Mumofone ...This recent Ofsted publication will help you further (27 May 2015)

https://www.gov.uk/ofsted-inspection-childcare-provider

Cms are usually inspected in the morning...after a certain time...say 9.30/10am if the inspector has not arrived, you will be free to go out.
    You will be told this when the inspector calls to warn you of an imminent inspection.

The inspectors will need to observe all children included a funded child.
    CMs rarely get an inspection in the afternoon when we have after school children...but it is not set in stone.

In the morning you would only have your EYFS children...unless an older child was with you for a very special reason...do not worry just include the child in your activities.

Please check the Ofsted website regularly as there are changes to previous arrangements when the govt was in a coalition ...subscribe to Ofsted newsletters if you do not already do so
    Also check all the Ofsted publications are still in use and not withdrawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Mumofone ...This recent Ofsted publication will help you further (27 May 2015) https://www.gov.uk/ofsted-inspection-childcare-provider Cms are usually inspected in the morning...after a certain time...say 9.30/10am if the inspector has not arrived, you will be free to go out. You will be told this when the inspector calls to warn you of an imminent inspection. The inspectors will need to observe all children included a funded child. CMs rarely get an inspection in the afternoon when we have after school children...but it is not set in stone. In the morning you would only have your EYFS children...unless an older child was with you for a very special reason...do not worry just include the child in your activities. Please check the Ofsted website regularly as there are changes to previous arrangements when the govt was in a coalition ...subscribe to Ofsted newsletters if you do not already do so Also check all the Ofsted publications are still in use and not withdrawn.
    Thanks Simona this is really helpful. What about if I have a mindee that I pick up from pre school at midday, would they need to see me with him too?

Simona Guest

Thanks Simona this is really helpful. What about if I have a mindee that I pick up from pre school at midday, would they need to see me with him too?
    Please ensure you inform the inspector of this. when she/he calls.....many cms have gone to pick up with inspectors in tow in the past while other inspectors have refused to do so.

As mentioned things are changed regularly now...so keep informed and ask lots of questions.

On another matter you did ask...I think it was you...if the 30 months 1st inspection will be within this cycle of inspection up to 2016 or can cms be inspected beyond that?
    I hope I got that right?

I understand the cycle is not an issue...anyone will be inspected within the 30 months...whether it is this cycle or next.

I have it on my agenda for London OBC and will clarify further then.
    The current cycle is still 2012-2016 and every setting will be inspected once within that....some have been waiting for more than 5/6 years...no matter we will all get inspected by 2016

Again this will be clarified at London OBC.

Hope this helps.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A pre-school child, not in full-time Reception-year school, is in your EYFS numbers and will be included in what Inspector is looking at.

It is the over-5s, non-EYFS children, the inspector is not looking at.