Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Important - Ofsted webinar

Ofsted are setting up a webinar to talk to providers about the impact of their removal of guidance documents from their website.

We all say that we are missing the variations, medication, accident reporting and other guidance - especially the variations guidance - so now is the time to tell them!!

The webinar is on Tues 16th at 6pm.

We have asked for this via the Ofsted Big Conversation - PLEASE sign up and help me tell them!!

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...72474161130754

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for this Sarah. I have registered :-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be out at a meeting then, but I would be very interested to hear what is said.

I'll look forward to feedback from those who can attend.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately Ill still be working , but very glad they are setting up new ways to communicate with us , they may actually want to hear our views! Look forward to hearing how it goes.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its dd's nativity - typically could have done most other nights
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have signed up but might have to join in late as my last one is collected between 6 and 6.30.

Thanks for letting us know Sarah

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you. Sadly I'm committed to a school event or I would be there.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I felt very disappointed at the end of the webinar so I emailed Ofsted to let them know. This is my email -

I took part in a recent webinar which I understood had been set up to ask participants about their feelings regarding the guidance documents which have been removed without warning from the Ofsted website.

The webinar took participants through a series of questions – none of which asked us whether we want our guidance documents back or which guidance documents we need.

I asked for this consultation via the Ofsted Big Conversation and I know that colleagues also asked for it via their own local OBC meetings.

We have told Ofsted that we are desperate for our variations guidance back (The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for - 080293) because some Ofsted inspectors, Pacey and many others who advise childminders are making mistakes now they do not have the guidance as reference – despite the Eyfs saying exactly the same as it did previously and both DfE and Nick Hudson reassuring childminders in letters we have from them that we can continue to use the overarching statement for continuity of care (point 7 in the document).

We would also appreciate the return of guidance to support early years providers with accident reporting and medication administration. A lot of childminders also found the ‘are you ready for your inspection?’ guidance helpful.

I left the webinar feeling very disheartened that the whole process had been a complete waste of time because the information I needed to share with Ofsted had not been requested despite the consultation being apparently set up to ask the sector about documents that have been withdrawn.

Best regards, Sarah Neville.

I have just received the following reply -

Morning Sarah,

I’m so sorry that the session was such a disappointment. I will forward your email to Dee Gassom who ran the session, not only as feedback but to make sure your concerns are directed to the most appropriate person

Kind regards,

I will keep you updated

9. Likes hectors house liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I felt very disappointed at the end of the webinar so I emailed Ofsted to let them know. This is my email -

I took part in a recent webinar which I understood had been set up to ask participants about their feelings regarding the guidance documents which have been removed without warning from the Ofsted website.

The webinar took participants through a series of questions – none of which asked us whether we want our guidance documents back or which guidance documents we need.

I asked for this consultation via the Ofsted Big Conversation and I know that colleagues also asked for it via their own local OBC meetings.

We have told Ofsted that we are desperate for our variations guidance back (The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for - 080293) because some Ofsted inspectors, Pacey and many others who advise childminders are making mistakes now they do not have the guidance as reference – despite the Eyfs saying exactly the same as it did previously and both DfE and Nick Hudson reassuring childminders in letters we have from them that we can continue to use the overarching statement for continuity of care (point 7 in the document).

We would also appreciate the return of guidance to support early years providers with accident reporting and medication administration. A lot of childminders also found the ‘are you ready for your inspection?’ guidance helpful.

I left the webinar feeling very disheartened that the whole process had been a complete waste of time because the information I needed to share with Ofsted had not been requested despite the consultation being apparently set up to ask the sector about documents that have been withdrawn.

Best regards, Sarah Neville.

I have just received the following reply -

Morning Sarah,

I’m so sorry that the session was such a disappointment. I will forward your email to Dee Gassom who ran the session, not only as feedback but to make sure your concerns are directed to the most appropriate person

Kind regards,

I will keep you updated

thank you Sarah looking forward to the response
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't join in with the webinar. Sorry to hear it wasn't useful Thanks for taking the time to take it up with Ofsted and for keeping us updated x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing that Sarah :-) I did join the weninar but like you thought it was a waste of my extremely valuable time tbh x I did send the questions I wanted answering in but so far haven't heard anything.

Simona Guest

I am very intrigued by the fact that OBC did not appear to advertise this webinar?...there is nothing on their website and nothing reported from other regions

I searched for all the Regional meetings minutes to see if it was there but nothing...some still need to be uploaded to the website...and nothing at all in the London meeting....very puzzling!!

On the 15 December many of the OBC people met at a launch in London and yet nothing was mentioned of this webinar
    I will do a bit of research on this...as I know the OBC chairs are due to meet soon...and the report to my region

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I am very intrigued by the fact that OBC did not appear to advertise this webinar?...there is nothing on their website and nothing reported from other regions

I searched for all the Regional meetings minutes to see if it was there but nothing...some still need to be uploaded to the website...and nothing at all in the London meeting....very puzzling!!

On the 15 December many of the OBC people met at a launch in London and yet nothing was mentioned of this webinar
    I will do a bit of research on this...as I know the OBC chairs are due to meet soon...and the report to my region
    Perhaps you missed the call for information about what documents we want back on the Ofsted website because you are not on Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ofsted-Big-Conversation

And of course you were not in my OBC meeting in Manchester or the OBC meeting with Nick Hudson in Leeds where the removed guidance documents were discussed - but it is noted in the Manchester OBC meeting minutes

15. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you missed the call for information about what documents we want back on the Ofsted website because you are not on Facebook?

And of course you were not in my OBC meeting in Manchester or the OBC meeting with Nick Hudson in Leeds where the removed guidance documents were discussed - but it is noted in the Manchester OBC meeting minutes
    To be fair Sarah you did post it on the forum as well

Simona Guest

I did miss that as not on FB and also did not see the forum entry Fussy until the other day but have tried to locate any new meetings minutes on the OBC website and cannot find any ...just 2...the London one and Yorkshire and Humber

I will check if any more are uploaded soon...since the formation of the steering groups all regions are encouraged to share the news on the website...maybe some have had no time to do so yet?

Post Thanks / Like

There is also meant to be a podcast.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    There is also meant to be a podcast.
    Thank you for sharing that info

If I can track it down I will suggest it gets uploaded on the OBC website