Do you think I'll be registered in time??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you think I'll be registered in time??

As some of you know, I'm currently playing the waiting game for my ofsted pre reg visit. I applied online beginning if march (at which time DBS and medical both complete so good to go) and I'm still waiting...apparently the social services check is holding it up.

I haven't been working all this time so really need to get going. I have had a perfect enquiry, fits me really well and it's 2 siblings so a great start. She wants from September...obviously I've told her the truth in where I stand but do you think it'll be done in time? I know you can't know for sure but by experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Julie,

Once my Social Services checks came back, I was called that same week by the Ofsted inspector to arrange my visit

Hopefully your Social Services checks won't take much longer, I think for September you should be okay xx

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki5531 View Post
    Hi Julie,

Once my Social Services checks came back, I was called that same week by the Ofsted inspector to arrange my visit

Hopefully your Social Services checks won't take much longer, I think for September you should be okay xx

Thanks Vikki....really hope so! Ofsted told me that once my check comes back, I should still allow another 4 weeks to get the inspection done and receive the certificate. I guess with us coming us to the summer hols (and the fact I am away for 2 weeks in August) I'm now panicking! But equally I don't want it to take even longer to get children, hence why I've started taking enquiries.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you are allowed, but can you chase up social services to see if can hurry them up.

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I don't know if you are allowed, but can you chase up social services to see if can hurry them up.
    I've been calling Ofsted every week...have been told by most that I can't chase SS myself....however one person last week said I could. He couldn't give me the contact name/details but said to just call the general number. My god - was on the phone for 30 mins, went through 6 different departments and no-one could help me. Rang back to Ofsted to be told again that I can't chase it myself, so kind of gave up.

Post Thanks / Like

I would accept them and if it hasn't come through ( I am 99% sure it would have) work as a nanny from theirs- I did this for a month x

7. Likes NinkyNonk liked this post
    Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thinking! Thank you! I'm really hoping it's through as it would be much easier (she's not in my town so school runs would be a nightmare)....back to chasing Ofsted today. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieH View Post
    Good thinking! Thank you! I'm really hoping it's through as it would be much easier (she's not in my town so school runs would be a nightmare)....back to chasing Ofsted today. :-)
    Hopefully you will find out soon

Good luck with Ofsted today ...keep us posted and good luck

Angel xx

10. Likes NinkyNonk liked this post
    Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I've spoken to Ofsted...finally they've said they will pass it to a 'team officer' (whoever that is!) as it's taken far too long. Not sure it'll get me anywhere but it sounds promising.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Just came across this thread after my own troubles with ss checks. How did you get on?

I hope you got so e answers but if not keep trying to get through to someone at the council, I have spent most of the morning trying to contact two different ss departments, but was very worthwhile, unfortunately neither council had ever received the request!!!!

So I went back to the very unhelpful ofsted who after badgering re sent the request and confirmed to me that the request had been sent. Now I have a number to ring at the council I am going to give it until tomorrow and ring them to check the requests are there. That was six weeks wasted for me waiting for ofsted to chase up!

Good luck

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jemma999 View Post
    Just came across this thread after my own troubles with ss checks. How did you get on?

I hope you got so e answers but if not keep trying to get through to someone at the council, I have spent most of the morning trying to contact two different ss departments, but was very worthwhile, unfortunately neither council had ever received the request!!!!

So I went back to the very unhelpful ofsted who after badgering re sent the request and confirmed to me that the request had been sent. Now I have a number to ring at the council I am going to give it until tomorrow and ring them to check the requests are there. That was six weeks wasted for me waiting for ofsted to chase up!

Good luck

we are also awaiting social services checks which were applied for on the 2nd june..Ofsted have told me they cannot chase it up as they have already emailed them and need to leave it a week now lol
    We have had hold up after hold up with the new online system, i think it would have been quicker if i had camped outside Manchesters ofsted office and each week just popped in with my paperwork lol
    They have no said they cannot we will be opened 1st September where previously they have said "god yes that date is fine to open" !!!!!!!!!

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

JulieH keep pushing them, they have a timescale they are supposed to meet for registering childminders and also your safeguarding and course registration certificates are only valid for a short time also, I think it is 6 months. Make sure you mention it so they can't refuse to do your registration visit because of their errors.

good luck