Should I chase up inspection?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should I chase up inspection?

I received a call towards the end of March requesting general information about children on roll, days worked etc. Then I was told that I should get an inspection within the next five week. So after nearly eight weeks - I am still waiting. Should I call them to chase? It is half term next week and I have no mindees in atttendance as family are coming to stay. So, of course I don't want Ofsted arriving without warning as 1) they will not be able to see me working and 2) I will probably be in bed Any suggestions? I really want to be graded, as feel I can't move forward, but of course would rather hide as I am quite scared really.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antics View Post
    I received a call towards the end of March requesting general information about children on roll, days worked etc. Then I was told that I should get an inspection within the next five week. So after nearly eight weeks - I am still waiting. Should I call them to chase? It is half term next week and I have no mindees in atttendance as family are coming to stay. So, of course I don't want Ofsted arriving without warning as 1) they will not be able to see me working and 2) I will probably be in bed Any suggestions? I really want to be graded, as feel I can't move forward, but of course would rather hide as I am quite scared really.
    The call will have come from either Tribal or Prospect for general update
    What will now follow is your inspector's call just a couple of days before your inspection...although they did say 5 weeks it is never guaranteed that they will call within that time limit

Hope the inspector calls you very soon...good luck

Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did you tell them you're not working during half term? If not, might be as well to update them, just in case. I was nearly inspected during half term. Fortunately, the inspector was fine when I told her and said she'd call again the following week.