Question about not needing to do the Eyfs on a child I only have for 15 mins a day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    1/2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about not needing to do the Eyfs on a child I only have for 15 mins a day

Hello. I would appreciate advice on if I have the correct information. I have my first graded inspection due next month or certainly by early June. I want to be sure there is nothing for the inspector to pull me up on.

I am of the understanding that I do not need to do the Eyfs for the following.

The child is 4 years old ( sept birthday ) and in full time nursery school. Child arrives at my house at 8.15 and in that time my house is very busy with constant drop offs of children. We leave at 8.35 on the dot for school run ,obviously getting everyone ready from just before 8.30.

I do not do any paper work on the child - though in my sef I have detailed how I support the child and fit learning into the very short time we have available. I also provide resources for him to play with to cover all areas of development and do note his interests and get things out he likes.

I am worried my information may be wrong and my inspector will expect me to do a journal ( Nigh on impossible as I mentioned earlier to do )

Please help ,its been niggling me. I have read the statutory guidance and find about wrap around care for school aged children only.

Sorry hope I make sense.

Tia x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is generally accepted that if you only look after a child for less than 2 hours you don't need to do any specific learning and development information for them - because 2 hours is the timescale the child could go to an unregistered carer...

However, it will depend on the inspector you get and their expectations on the day x

3. Likes keely81 liked this post
    1/2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. That has helped x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keely81 View Post
    Hello. I would appreciate advice on if I have the correct information. I have my first graded inspection due next month or certainly by early June. I want to be sure there is nothing for the inspector to pull me up on.

I am of the understanding that I do not need to do the Eyfs for the following.

The child is 4 years old ( sept birthday ) and in full time nursery school. Child arrives at my house at 8.15 and in that time my house is very busy with constant drop offs of children. We leave at 8.35 on the dot for school run ,obviously getting everyone ready from just before 8.30.

I do not do any paper work on the child - though in my sef I have detailed how I support the child and fit learning into the very short time we have available. I also provide resources for him to play with to cover all areas of development and do note his interests and get things out he likes.

I am worried my information may be wrong and my inspector will expect me to do a journal ( Nigh on impossible as I mentioned earlier to do )

Please help ,its been niggling me. I have read the statutory guidance and find about wrap around care for school aged children only.

Sorry hope I make sense.

Tia x
    Children go into full time school when they enter reception...if another setting is offering the full 15 hrs now then you do not have to cover L&D but you can 'compliment' the learning he gets there
    For the little time you have the child he/she will be classified as 'wraparound care' ...no need for LJs....all you can do is a folder with photos but in your case that will be very difficult due to the short time you have the child

In EYFS 2014 wraparound care is clearly stated on page 24 (3.40) and has been simplified to avoid covering L&D twice
    Inspectors cannot individually interpret the EYFS and apply own judgement...they must follow the EYFS

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that what you are doing is fine. Don't forget to show working with parents, e.g. noting down what he has enjoyed that morning or that he talked about what he did at the weekend, etc. I don't think he needs an LJ as such - a contact book between yourself, parents and the other setting would be nice though.