Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspector was looking at the photos of the various children on the display and said "Oh that child looks quite dark skinned, is she dual heritage? Only in your SEF you said you only have white children." To which i replied "No! In my SEF I have said that all my children speak English" Then Mrs O said "Isn't that the same thing?" The irony in this being that Mrs O herself is both English and black!

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JulieA View Post
    My inspector was looking at the photos of the various children on the display and said "Oh that child looks quite dark skinned, is she dual heritage? Only in your SEF you said you only have white children." To which i replied "No! In my SEF I have said that all my children speak English" Then Mrs O said "Isn't that the same thing?" The irony in this being that Mrs O herself is both English and black!
    Oh this one really has to come tops of ignorant.... along with Pinky's inspector

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    My inspector time before last said " oh I see you dont have any experience of minding children with special needs"
    ERRRRM my dd has SLD and physical disabilities, my house has various adaptations and I can do makaton, pecs and epipens. "yes" she said " but you havent minded any" I gave up at that point
    My friend had similar - her DD has arthritis and a muscle condition, they have a stair lift at home and a wheelchair in the porch.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post
    My friend had similar - her DD has arthritis and a muscle condition, they have a stair lift at home and a wheelchair in the porch.
    See she hasnt got the experience either!
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse View Post
    I run a toddler group with 2 other childminders and the inspector asked me if any black and coloured people attend I was gobsmacked as it is not something I really notice and she was shocked I didn't know how many coloured people attend.
    'Coloured'??? What century is she in? Good grief.

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tatjana View Post
    'Coloured'??? What century is she in? Good grief.

I know I wouldn't mind but she was black herself, I was shocked as I don't take any notice what colour skin they have x
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

I completed my SEF [albeit handwritten with written confirmation that they had received it] When it came to inspection, she hadn't read it [nor did she have any intention of doing so even when I shoved it under her nose] Needless to say I am very loathe to do it again as it took me a whole day.
    I spoke at length about a couple of children that I had had concerns about [one on SS radar and one just about to be] and the procedures I had followed etc. I also pointed out that I was less than impressed with SS and their attitude and that I was in an impossible situation if other 'professionals' weren't following up children that I considered to be 'in need.' Also that my first mindee [in my opinion] was seriously neglected and I was quite pleased with the way I had handled the situation bearing in mind the parent used to turn up drunk at pick-up.
    2 hours later she asked me ' so do you think you would recognise the signs of neglect/ a child in need?'
    I got the distinct impression that as I was last on the list of many overdue inspections that fortnight, she had switched off and just wasn't listening.
    And she said I had too many books!
    Call it blowing my own trumpet but my son is on the gifted and talented register and he didn't get there because I have 'too many books'
    But I'm over it now.

Post Thanks / Like

I am working my way through all the areas of the forum as I try to find my way around.......have to say this thread really should have shocked me....but it didn't.........its something I have heard over and over again.......its scarey .....do they have special training to be able to treat people like this???? x

july 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i wasn't happy with my end result of satisfactory. but was told although i had good on many aspects it wouldn't be a good because i had only been in my new home for 8 weeks still haven't got things sorted mainly all in garage. oh wants to decorate before it all gets set up. also she only wanted to see files for children i had on day of inspection 1 had been with me for 2 weeks and the other 3 days so not much in folders. did show her folder of a child who recently moved to another country but couldn't accept as they weren't there. all my resources are on the internet but couldn't show as internet was down and because i couldn't show her then and there she couldn't give me a good. she did say that the forms are designed for nurseries and not childminders, don't aim to be minding at this rate by next inspection. yet a friend of mine has been graded good with another inspector and hardly had any paperwork set up. when are they going to give us the same information and stop looking at us as though we are nurseries.

june 90
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use anything ive told you Sarah, lol, one thing sticks in my mind is that when she past comment about me having boxes of toys for under 5s on the floor and i only had a 10 month old baby that day, that i would be better off just looking after over 5s, the cheeky s............d

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to contribute.

It seems from looking at all the answers that there are a lot of inconsistencies which I think we knew really didn't we?

It also seems that there are a lot of people who need to make complaints - because without complaints things are not going to change.

Thank you again!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Er, is there any reason why we can't record an Ofsted inspection, provided we inform them before they turn up?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiorjiina View Post
    Er, is there any reason why we can't record an Ofsted inspection, provided we inform them before they turn up?
    Do you mean make a tape recording of the inspection?

I have no idea about the legalities - I imagine you would need permission or it could be a human rights violation.

I am not aware of it ever being suggested... although I do know that you can record in some instances such as if you have a suspension visit...

I'd be interested if anyone knows for certain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got-it girls View Post
    .....do they have special training to be able to treat people like this???? x
    Sadly I don't think they have enough training - at least not if some of the threads on here are true.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123