Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Graded inspection result!

Hi all,

Just had my first graded inspection and despite the dog shitting in the garden right in front of a child and her nearly standing in it and a very clingy, miserable child (my own 2 yr old) lol the result is....

GOOD overall! With outstanding in a couple of areas!

She said that she was really pleased to see such a high standard of childminding and that I should get an outstanding in next inspection as there will be more evidence across all the areas due to me only being registered a short time this time.

I am so happy! I thought i'd scrape a good possibly but she said its a very high good! :-D

To say im over the moon is an understatement!

Advisorys are:

- ICT (introduce more ICT in the setting at early yrs level)
    - Area for dog to go in the garden or train her to poo and wee in one place?! (Due to her pooing during the inspection) Damn dog- she never does it usually in the daytime, morning and night normally)

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Lottie

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

great news, well done

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done
    Maybe your dog was a little nervous during the inspection

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats fantastic, well done. My dogs will probably wee on her feet, after they've humped her!!! Me thinks I should lock them up!!

What sort of ICT should we be doing with under 5's. Ive only got a 15 month and 18 month 1 day a week so not sure what I should do for that?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There are a huge amount of ICT resources out there for little ones from anything with flaps or batteries to role playing ICT such as phones, keyboards etc.

Here is an excellent website -

http://ictearlyyears.e2bn.org/

Well done Lottie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    There are a huge amount of ICT resources out there for little ones from anything with flaps or batteries to role playing ICT such as phones, keyboards etc.

Here is an excellent website -

http://ictearlyyears.e2bn.org/

Well done Lottie!
    Beat me to it Sarah, was just going to post that link!

Well done Lottie - great result

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya and well done. I am waiting for my first inspection once Im registered I was really nervous for that registration visit god knows what I am going to be like for the first inspection! lol

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty77 View Post
    Hiya and well done. I am waiting for my first inspection once Im registered I was really nervous for that registration visit god knows what I am going to be like for the first inspection! lol
    Hi Kirsty, I was so nervous I felt physically sick! I have always been the same when being observed, even when teaching a class and having another teacher in the room! My self esteem isn't great but this has been a huge boost! I hope yours is a positive experience too, but if not just remember that they only see you for a couple of hours so they can't see what you are like all of the time. Only you can know deep down how good you are.

Try to fill out as much of the SEF as you can, although it is not compulsory it helps to shorten the visit by a lot. (Or in my case it did). She was with me from 10.30-12.45.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the links Miffy and Sarah! :-)

I will have a good look at those. I have interactive play toys around and a laptop they can use but I don't really encourage it with the two year old that she was observing me with. I would much rather read books, play outside and encourage imaginative play. However I do realise how important it is to make sure children are given access to technology so I will investigate some resources and try harder! lol :-)
    I did say that i'm trying to get some funding to help to purchase some ICT equipment such as a bee bot but I don't know if I outlined this in my SEF or not.

She did say that it's not compulsory but just some advice.