Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving House Question

Hi All,

We are looking at moving house, will i need an inspection before I can operate from the new house ?, or does the common sense approach come into force that Ofsted recognise that I should already know what a safe environment is etc ?.

Also the house we are hoping to move to has a huge basement, that could be fitted with a fire escape window and used as a great playroom with a toilet etc, are there any reasons why I couldn't use this room - all parents are on board with the idea if we decide to renovate the basement ?

Any advice or previous experience on either of these would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Paula x

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

At my course i was told if we move then someone has to come and look at the house first. No harm in ring Ofsted to see what they say.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to ring Ofsted Monday for advice, I'm just impatient and my mind is running with different ideas lol !.

thanks for the reply

x

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't come out when i moved house back in the summer, they didn't even ask for risk assessents which i had heard they do!
    I called them to inform them of the date i was going to childminding at my old address and they had a new certificate at the new address by the time i started up again xx

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't come & visit me either when I moved in November & again didn't ask for risk assesments either! They did ask for 2 wks notice to get the new certificate to me, which I did!

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The basement / playroom idea sounds fab - am very jealous. I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed as long as it has a fire escape and you have risk assessed stairs etc.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved in November and they had my new certificate with me almost instantly with no need for a visit, even though my inspection is due

oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not thinking of moving however you never know whats round the corner. Does it have to be in the same borough or if you move borough do you have to start again

Cupcake22

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When we moved from the Midlands to the SW I rang Ofsted and gave them the new address. The lady on the phone told me that I needn't do anything and that they would just send out a new certificate.

However I was sent a form to fill in just outlining which rooms I wanted to use and any risks etc. I filled this in and sent it back. Two days later I had a phone call from Ofsted asking why I only wanted one bedroom upstairs registered and hadn't mentioned the spare room (at old house I didn't have this registered). We'd moved from a 4 bed house to a 3 so I no longer had a spare room!!! Not sure why they had to ring and query this!!!

Anyway after this i had my certficate within 3 days.