Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone had 2 EYFS inspections?

Hi, it was 3 years from my first inspection in September 2009 so I guess I was one of the first to get an EYFS inspection, not heard anything from Ofsted yet. But just wondering if anyone has had 2 EYFS ofsted inspections. There seems to be a lot of childminders in our area that have not had an EYFS inspection yet, wondering if I will get inspected before the new EYFS.

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been minding 11 years this year and have not had an EYFS inspection yet my inspection is a year over due

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anyone who has had two eyes inspections but there is a cm in the village who was inspected three years ago just as eyes came in.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I don't know anyone who has had two eyes inspections but there is a cm in the village who was inspected three years ago just as eyes came in.

Miffy xx
    June and I were inspected in April 2009, just after EYFS came in, so should be due April this year Hoping it takes a bit longer, I seem to have lost my mojo at present

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose if you were inspected in the last quater of 2008, then you will be over due for an EYFS inspection, even now, and the chances of getting one before Aug 2012, when the current eyfs will change is quite high.

it is quite alarming that some cm haven't been inspected under the current eyfs yet.

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi ya, i was also inspected september 2009, when i last spoke to my dw she told me its once in every cycle which is 4years!! i will just wait for the call, and keep going they find what they find!! haha

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently you have to be inspected at least once in every 47 month cycle. I'm guessing the last cycle started when EYFS came in, so they should inspect everyone under it by August 2012. I'm sure it only used to be a 3 yr cycle and I do wonder if they changed it to 4 yrs as they didn't manage to meet the 3 year target.

I had my inspection almost 3 years ago and most cms in the area have now had a EYFS inspection. I'm guessing if they're up to date in my area, it could be any time soon that I have another one.

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I can remember that when I last had my inspection, which was 3 years this month, my Do said it was on a 42month cycle. I know there is still quite a few in this area still who have still not been inspected under eyfs. But I'm trying not take anything for granted, knowing my luck they'll turn up anytime
    Helen xXx

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was due last October so could be anytime now, I wish I knew when as any phone call is making me jump and it is especially horrible when you get those silly ones where they ask you to confirm your name then it turns out to be somebody selling something

Allie

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My last inspection was Aug 08, just before EYFS came out in the Sept I think...cant remember
    So I was starting to get to grips with it but not very well...I still got a good though