Is their visit going to be next week?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Is their visit going to be next week?

Can anyone help - I have received a phone call from OFSTED today to get inspection info on my childminding. I registered in July and told OFSTED today that I started minding about 6 weeks ago. They wanted to know all the ages and when the children came etc. I presume this is standard practice but they said they pass this to inspector. What I am wondering is does this mean I am going to be getting an inspection soon as in next week. Has anyone received a call like this and can tell me how long from call to inspection or anyone got any words of advice. I feel very unready as I still getting to know the children I am minding and know I have things to get in to place before they visit. Sorry to waffle on but pretty worried sick.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When i got that call i didnt hear from the inspector for a further 2 months..but unfortunately it could be as early as next week..thats the thing with ofsted there is no such thing as a 'norm' , different inspectors , areas etc vary wildly.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

They should give you a call to give you dates of when they will arrive.

Mine called asked if working, kids ages timing's etc and then called back 3 weeks (one was 1/2 term) later to give me 3 days of which I had to stay in.
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie

jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi dont worry about not having everything in place yet,do a list of the things you are going to get to show her/him.I presume you have all your policies and procedures in place tho?Make sure you have done a few observations,but apart from that i cant see how they would expect anything more as you have been childminding for a few weeks!!I had my first inspection today and got good over-all which i was not expecting as iv not got everything in place yet(resourses) and iv been minding for 14 months!Good luck for when you do get your inspection

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my inspection about 10 weeks after the 1st phone call. The inspector called me and because I mind for shift workers, she made an appointment for a particular day. They could come anytime though so you are best to get yourself ready.

Make sure all your policies are up to date, do a fire practice if you have not already, risk assessments need your signature and dates on, attendance records up to date, medicine records all signed and dated, accident records signed and dated and if you havent done your sef, which I hadnt, put some evidence together maybe in your diary to show that you are self evaluating.

They were the main things my inspector looked for.

Look on old threads and read what experience others have had.

You will be fine

Post Thanks / Like

I never got the phone call from Prospects just had the inspector call and she came out the following week.

Like already said it varies greatly from area to area and inspector to inspector. Look at this phone call as a warning they are on the prowl and get yourself as ready as you can.

Good luck

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol i had that phone call last week too, ive only just started really (last month but i registered in june lol i too am running around like a headless chicken and painking everytime the phone rings!!!!!!!!!!! lol tbh ill be relived when theve come and gone at least ill no if im doing it all right!!! good luck when they do show!! xx

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had someone from Prospects call me too about 2 weeks ago. They didn't leave a name, and the telephone number on the answerphone message was missing a digit, so haven't been able to call them back as requested.
    But not had any other phonecalls, so fingers crossed I get a few more weeks before they show up!

My official registration date was mid-May, and I started minding in August. So am definitely on the 6-month inspection list, as it was almost to the day that they called. Just hope I am all ready My friend was inspected at little over 4 months, and she got a good with some outstanding areas, and only had p/t children on 2 days a week.

Good luck to those also awaiting inspection! And feedback, ideas and suggestions are always gratefully received!! Xx