Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I HAVE HAD THE CALL.................Eeeekkkk

Hello,

I just wanted to share that I had the call from Mrs O tday to say that she will be coming next tuesday to complete my first graded inspection!

She sounded very nice and did put me at ease, I mentioned that I had not yet submitted my SEF and when was the deadline for this so she would receive and she said just to print it out and she would read it there to ensure it does not get clogged in the system.

Well I am off to try and finish my SEF, look through all documents and get organised.

I will report back once its done

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You have my sympathy Vikki - I had The Call on Friday and Mrs O said she would be here Tuesday, Thursday or Friday this week.

Someone on here said that they almost always come on the first day that they give (if they give a few days like mine has) so I am expecting her here bright and early tomorrow morning - gulp!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey,

Oh really! I guess I was lucky that she gave a definate date then, she seemed very relaxed and said as I only registered in Feb to just have what I have in place already, of course I have all policies/procedures, Risk assessments, childs learning journal, planning folder etc ect in place so hope I have everything!

Good luck to you and I look forward to hearing how you get one, although it is nerve wracking at least once its done its done and we can relax

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vikki, my inspection is on Tuesday also. Good luck.

Vicky xxx

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you all, let us know how you get on

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vicky, Oh really! It must be the day for it, good luck, let us know how yours went.

Thanks Anisha xx

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck Vikki and Vickster.

Mine didn't turn up this morning which has thrown me a bit, but at least I now have all of tonight and tomorrow night to try and find more evidence of what I do!

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still waiting for 'the' call.

Good Luck.

c x

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've got mine coming tomorrow at lunchtime. Had to put it off due to a family bereavement and she was so understanding about it. I have all my paperwork in order just need to update my newbies learning journals, everything is in there just doesn't look as good as my other one!!
    The thing I think I will fail on is my Planning it is my weakness.
    She told me not to worry about my sef as it's not compulsory, just as long as I can explain how I evaluate myself that not to worry about it.
    I really am so nervous, hope I do ok.

I wish all of you the best of luck.

Wendy x x
    Is on her way now!!!!!

feb 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default marie

i had a call today too!!!!coming on 25th july as im only minding 2 days a week at min...
    would like to get some parents views for them to see but hard as im a newbie (only minding since may)...anyone got a proforma i could use...please?????

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the call Monday and she wouldn't give any indication when it would be. Either this week or next. It will be an afternoon as I have nursery runs and lots of napping in the morning. So on edge each day until about 2.30pm!

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

had my call 2 weeks ago, she wanted to come the following day but i didnt start till 11.30am.....she said she HAS to be at my house for 9am & i have to have kids......i said i dont start till 11.30am.....what am i sposed to do drag them out of school early?

she has now said she will be with me either the 1st or 2nd week of the school holidays as the kids are here a little earlier.....i asked if she could narrow it down seen as that covers 10 days but she barked NO at me!...

im thinking this isnt going to go so well!
    What a crock!!!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone,

It seems from your posts that I was very lucky to get a day and time then! It does seem silly really mean what if you want to go out to the park or to feed the ducks? It seems unfair on the children to have to stay in day after day waiting. They must know how nervous we already are

Good luck to everyone im sure it will go well for everyone they are there to help us and point out areas of improvement which as new childminders I think will be helpful.

Cant wait to hear everyone's experiences!!!!! Good luck, I will report back on Tues xxxx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

mine didnt give me a definate day but she did say that if she wasnt here by 10 am then i could go out as it wouldnt be any time after that...thought thats what most of them do?? It seem the sensible option to save people hanging around indoors all day

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was really nice, very flexible, I told her i wanted her to see me with the children and she arrived at 12.30 and stayed till 4.30!! She even walked with me on the school run!!! She said it was best to be as flexible with me as she could.
    I hadnt finished my sef and my computer wouldnt load up for her to read mine, so she asked me the questions instead, it wasn't as nervewracking as I thought it would be.
    She gave me a confidential, which from other posts im presuming is now new practice. As it has to be quality assured by her highers, to say she has made the right judgements. But the grading was a satisfactory, I was really gutted, I thought I was at least a good. But i'm looking at it now that i have time now to build myself up and make myself better for the next one.
    I'm booked on lots of up comming courses, and want to now perfect on the business i have. I'm doing it right she says but need to be better at it.
    The only thing that upset me the most was that she said my dogs behaviour was unacceptable, because he jumped up and got excited.
    This is normal for him, as he is only a pup and i usually have him in the kitchen to settle with a new person in the house, but she went straight in through the kitchen to the conservatory. So it was expected. He never gets to says hello's to my parents cos i close the kitchen gate to keep him calm.
    Is on her way now!!!!!

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi mine was last Tues, I would def find the time to finish your sef , i did and Mrs O was here from 11:15-1:05 she told me if i havent of finished it she would of been here a lot longer.