Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Initial inspection??

Good evening!
    Just a quick question - and I know it varies from county to county - but roughly how long is it taking Ofsted to do their initial inspection??

I have completed my CYPOP5 (and got the certificate of completion!!) I have my CRB, as does DH. First aid and safeguarding all done! Just waiting on hearing from Ofsted!

I would like to start adveritsing, but don't want to mess anyone around if things take longer than I had guessed. I was hoping to be ready from September?!?!

What do you think??

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Really no idea, its changed so much, you could ring them and ask, explain how keen you are to get started.
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent mine and my husband's completed CRBs off on 15 April (obviously my application form had gone off to them shortly before this, in time for them to send my CRBs to me to complete), I then had my initial visit on 18 May, my CRBs hadn't come back, in addition my local council hadn't completed my husband's social services check by the time they came to inspect me/the house, so in the last few weeks I've called Ofsted a couple of times, and I'm now on the Ofsted website, but still just waiting for the Ofsted certificate to come through. Had correspondence today from the council saying that Ofsted have contacted them to say I'm registered. Also, I missed a signed for letter today which I have to go later to collect which fingers crossed is my certificate!!!

Sorry for rambling....basically about 2 months for me from sending off CRBs to (hopefully) receiving my certificate (and if the signed for letter isn't my certificate, Ofsted said that they are sending out my certificate within the week when I called them last week). I'm not too far from you, so maybe you come under the same area team for inspectors (I was chatting to the lady when she came to mine and she said she lives in Poole/Bournemouth). Good luck! x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would give them a ring and chase them... they might not have all the paperwork together yet.

I hope it's quick for you!

may 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted information

hi my friend got her crb back after 3 month waiting and that was march, and now waiting for ofsted to ring she as told them that she as a baby coming in july,they said they are busy so in other words TUFF.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry please please help with cypop5,

i m doing the assessment 1.6. is identify sources of support and information for the setting up home based childcare.
    please help me.