Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can I do this?

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can I do this?

Need a bit of clarification of whether I can do this...

My Ofsted registration runs out on 20th May. We are moving on the 16th May and are going to be a long way from family and friends so really want to keep the school holidays free for visits back home.

Now I've decided to put the childminding on hold and look towards getting a TA position (already applied for 2 jobs). However I would like to keep my options open in case getting a TA job doesn't pan out.

Also DH has applied for redundancy from the RAF and if he gets that we will only be down there for 10 months and would move back here where I would probably go back to childminding, once the need for keeping school holidays free is no longer necessary. If he didn't get redundancy he is going to apply for a posting back home in 18 months.

Because its less than a year before I would want to start CMing again I don't really want to let my registration slip and then have to go through the rigmorole (sp?) of pre-reg, etc in another year.

However would Ofsted allow me to remain registered and not actually have any children? I'm due my inspection in November so its not as though I can just not tell them. Has anyone else done this and have Ofsted been OK with it?
    Last edited by MissTinkerbell; 28-04-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Missed a bit ou

moogster1a Guest

You can go 3 years without any children before you have to give up your registration.
    Though I would be tempted to inent a child for a day or 2 after 2 and a half years to put in the atendance record and give you another 3 years if I was ever in that situation!

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes as long as you pay registration fee you can remain registered with no children on roll for 3 yrs. I just let Ofsted know I had no children on roll and this is what they told me. Good luck with the move x