Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default as if I dont have enough going on!!!

Just couldnt be a worse time for a visit!!! Just got the call. Ill be honest I thought the parent who I am working notice with had complained about me to Ofsted and promoted a visit. But my friend has just rung and she has had the call too. Im so stressed at the moment..just had my hubby in intensive care for 2 weeks nearly lost him, just been in hospital myself and am at the momemt having a very stressful time with working notice on a child. Arrrrrrggggghhh.
    My heads battered. Do I mention the difficulty with the parent?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor you I really feel for you

I think inspections should be positive and everything you say should promote your business and your professionalism and your drive to be the best.

I would not mention negatives ... stick to the things you do which make you fab at your job.

Good luck!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck honey, are you due or has it come early/ been waiting?

may 92
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

you will blow them away ,good luck but don't think you need it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought if you explained that you have nearly lost DH and he was in intensive care for two weeks and you have just been in hospital as well that Ofsted may postpone your inspection.

I think that you have grounds to get yourself on an emotional even keel before they call.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's worth giving them a call and explaining about your DH being ill and your own hospital stay and they may well agree to postpone. I had the call today too but am in the middle of having my bathroom replaced so I explained we were spending a lot of time out of the house in the next 2 weeks and they agreed to postpone. A childminder I know broke her collar bone and although she carried on working Ofsted agreed to postpone her inspection until it had healed. Sounds to me like you have far better reason than we do to postpone! I hope your DH is recovering well and the notice period flies by.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keatingschick View Post
    Just couldnt be a worse time for a visit!!! Just got the call. Ill be honest I thought the parent who I am working notice with had complained about me to Ofsted and promoted a visit. But my friend has just rung and she has had the call too. Im so stressed at the moment..just had my hubby in intensive care for 2 weeks nearly lost him, just been in hospital myself and am at the momemt having a very stressful time with working notice on a child. Arrrrrrggggghhh.
    My heads battered. Do I mention the difficulty with the parent?
    I would phone Ofsted tomorrow and explain about your hubby's and your own illness and ask them to postpone your inspection which I'm sure they will do.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have has to stall an inspection before for similar reasons and have to say ofsted helpline and the inspector were fab. Give them a call. I'm sure they will understand x x