Ofsted Visit Monday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted Visit Monday

Hi - I'm new to this! Completed my local childminding course in Dec, CRB, First Aid all done....now got the dreaded call today to say Mrs O will be out on Monday arrghh!!

What will they ask me and what will they expect?? All my policies and risk assessments have been done (fingers crossed they are fine!?!?!) The only thing I really have concerns with is the 6 areas of learning and development...what will she ask me on this?? I was going to write a plan this weekend on a little girl (7 months old) I might have starting pending Ofsted's inspection on what I will be looking for in the first 2 weeks then showing how my future planning for her might be and linking it all into the 6 areas...do you think she will be happy with that??

Sorry if I’m rambling on but I’m just sooooo nervous!!

Thanks
    x

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

you sound very orgonised , just relax on their first visit they are coming to give you advice on what you need to do rather than expecting you to allready be doing it , so a bit of background knowlege and common sense is all you need
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

on my registration visit i was asked what sort of activities i would provide for each area, i really didn't have much clue, just rambled a bit about creative ideas, going in the garden and she was ok with that, so i wouldn't go to too much trouble, they just what to know you have a basic understanding.

Good luck!

sarah x