Please can I swear???  I'm SO angry and upset!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please can I swear??? I'm SO angry and upset!

Sorry to bring my rant on here, but not sure what else to do. Last Monday, 6th December) I had THE call from Ofsted - although that turns out it was Prospect. Anyway, she asked when I've got mindees, my availability that week, etc. I was out quite a bit, so she asked about this week too. So I've spent 2 weeks stressing, catching up on paperwork, shouting at my poor kids because I'm so worried about it. I want to do everything right, and have worked hard over the last few months.

Anyway, as each day passed, I caught up more, got my SEF done, enrolled on another course, etc. Was quite pleased with myself, and have been just waiting around for them to arrive. We've missed half a Christmas party because she said she'd be here by 10, we've not gone out as much, you know what it's like. I've also put Christmas on hold, haven't had time to write cards, wrap presents (or even buy some! lol) and our tree isn't even up yet. My poor kids have put up with my stress levels, and I've been up really late every night.

So.... today being the last day... where is she??????????????????? Nowhere to be seen!!!!! Thanks very much, that is JUST what I need this near to Christmas! I feel like I could cry! I'm just waiting for a little mindee to arrive, but this woman is clearly not coming today! Rang Ofsted, they gave me Prospects number. Rang them, they apologised but said the inspectors work from home and manage their own diary... not very well, clearly!! So I've rang her mobile number and left a message. I feel so upset, and I guess she won't come next week, so it's hanging over us for Christmas when I wanted it all out of the way!

Has anyone else had trouble with Prospect???

xxxx
    Last edited by sarah707; 17-12-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: removed swear word

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please can I swear??? I'm SO angry and upset!

So sorry, Try and forget about it over Christmas. If every thing is in place you can use it as a possitive thing to embrace in the new year. Get your tree up and enjoy Christmas

Jan 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel, I had my inspection this time lasy year, exactly! school snowed off, last day of inspections before Xmas, mindees ringing in to say they were not coming due to weather, 10 am came and went no inspecter, door bell rings at 10.20, it was the inspecter, she had been involved in a car collision due to snowy conditions.

She told me she would start inspection but if the weather continued to get worse she would have to come back after Xmas

Luckly she was able to do the whole inspection in 2 1/2 hours, she told me that because I was so well prepared the inspection did not take too long.

I know it is annoying, but keep your chin up, the more you are prepared for your inspection the better, so no time wasted, its a horrible time of year to have an inspection, we missed out on loads of exciting things waiting in for it.
    Donna

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least you are now well organised

What a pain but enjoy Christmas and put it all to one side for a while.

I am waiting to get my report - Tribal have taken us on in this area - been over 4 weeks and after 2 phone calls, guess I won't hear anything till after New Year

They said there is a backlog and computer systems were not up and running when they took over - sorry, not my problem!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support, I'm calming down now I can't imagine she'll turn up now, I could be out. Just feel bad for my kids who have missed out on festivities because I've been working and they've been off playing, they want the tree up and to enjoy the build up. So.... tonight I'm going to start getting Christmassy, the tree will go up tomorrow night when the kids are home from their dad's, and we'll watch Annie on Sunday (we're going to see it at the theatre over Christmas ).

Tonight I'm going to get some chocolate, sit on my own wraping presents, watching TV and having a few drinks! Then I'll probably cry, but pat myself on the back for getting everything ready in time, despite the let down today. The kids and parents are happy with what I'm doing, so I'm not going to let it worry me over Christmas.

I think what didn't help is that it's the 3rd anniversary of my dad dying on Sunday, and I just wanted it to be out of the way so I could do some positive things at the weekend. We'll be decorating my son's grave on Sunday, so it was all going to fit in nicely after the inspection. Not now. Oh well, it could be worse, she could've got here and said I was rubbish!! lol lol. xx

xx

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, why not buy some party food and have a little Christmas party tomorrow night with your kids while you put up your tree and watch a film. I bet they'll love it!
    JoJo x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont want to worry you, but I was inspected by prospect & they turned up at 1.30pm on a friday afternoon.

Good Luck xxx
    Sarah

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Really know how you are feeling, I was just like you for the last 2 weeks. Thankfully my inspector came yesterday even though it snowed, but I have been in a right old panic.
    It is so frustrating to be ready for the inspection and to be waiting for that knock on the door. Sending you hugs & hope you can chill out over Christmas.

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel very sorry for you to have been messed about by them so much, they wouldn't like it if we did it to them.
    Can I just hijack your thread a little and ask what area each company is responsible for if anyone knows, (Prospect and Tribal I am waffling about), just got the kids to sleep after a very hectic morning, so need my daily fix on here.
    I am in the South Staffs area.
    Thank you
    Teacake2

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats terrible

Try to put it behind you for now and enjoy your Christmas.

Have a big Glass of Wine after work....By Order of Orksie xxx

Unless you dont drink...then have a big bar of choc x
    Needs to Zumba

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, chocolate, crisps and alcohol is on the menu tonight! lol. I was out by 1.30, so it would've been tough if she'd turned up, but she had actually told me she'd be here by 10 if she was coming.

I've just rang Prospect again and they said this inspector doesn't work on Thursday afternoon or Fridays!! So she wouldn't have been here anyway!

I got some shopping done though and don't have many kids in the holidays so she'll have to wait until mid-January now! lol. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise B View Post
    Thanks everyone, chocolate, crisps and alcohol is on the menu tonight! lol. I was out by 1.30, so it would've been tough if she'd turned up, but she had actually told me she'd be here by 10 if she was coming.

I've just rang Prospect again and they said this inspector doesn't work on Thursday afternoon or Fridays!! So she wouldn't have been here anyway!

I got some shopping done though and don't have many kids in the holidays so she'll have to wait until mid-January now! lol. xx
    Choc and crisps sound great

Have a good time

Angel xx