Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted inspections when due???

Hello all,
    Technically I am due the first Ofsted inspection since registration round about now. I have a pre-reg visit from childrens services sorted for later this month to check that all my paperwork etc is all ok however everyone in our area is under the impression that Ofsted will not be doing inspection visits (except to those who were marked unsatisfactory or have complaints against them) until September. Has anyone else heard this? Or have you heard something different?
    Thanks

Claire

son77 Guest

Default Re: Ofsted inspections when due???

I am overdue my first inspection & wondered the same but my friend had THE phonecall today & they are coming out next week for her 1st inspection.

june 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm thefriend mentioned in sonn77 thread
    had my call today the lady said i woz due this week or next!!!!!!!!!!!
    so i'd watch for any withheld number phone calls!!!!!!!!!!
    good luck
    Rachel x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is the giveaway the number is always with held, as if we would want to phone them up for a social chat

Nov 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was having a chat with an Ofsted Inspector last week and she said it was a complete myth that Ofsted are stopping inspections between now and September, and she had no idea where the idea came from. According to her, they get a month's training and inspections are carrying on thereafter!

Hilary

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that too, that it isn't true they are stopping inspections - don't know if that's right or not - guess we'll soon find out!

Did think it odd that they would need quite so many weeks training when we have a matter of about 4 hours and we're the ones who have to practice it!

I'm due one any time as well! Uh oh!

May2007
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted told me today they would be inspecting me anytime from now until the end of August. They had phoned at the end of February and told me they would inspect me in March.

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all - that keeps me on tender hooks for the next few days, weeks, months!!!! As long as they do not want to come before my pre-ispection visit on the 23rd I'll be happy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryT View Post
    I was having a chat with an Ofsted Inspector last week and she said it was a complete myth that Ofsted are stopping inspections between now and September, and she had no idea where the idea came from. According to her, they get a month's training and inspections are carrying on thereafter!

Hilary
    But even the inspectors don't agree on this one so how are we supposed to know what's right?

I'm glad mine's over

miffy xx

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i was in an eyfs conference last saturday and i was talking to a dev officer there. i was due my first inspection since pre-reg beginning of dec and i asked her if she thought ofsted would come now after alll of the rumors they are not doing inspections between now and september.

dev officer said that it was unlikely as they were told that their would be a few inspectors working for any complaints or newly reg childminders and if they had time they would be doing inspections that were due.

its all so confusing though, why can't everyone be told the same. my friend was reg last april and hasn't even had an phonecalls from ofsted.

Jen x