Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    March09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Variation form headache! help please

I have had a complete mental block - too much to do & all on my mind! - and wondered if those of you who have had successful variation applications could help me with the form.
    Am having trouble with what to write for the action plan - its continuity of care so have been caring for child, as & when I could, meeting her needs - don't know what to put?? For the equipment one - same again...don't need any extra equipment as I have it in use all the time? They can't want me to list every piece of equipment I use when she is here do they?? Just rang Ofsted for some help - ha,ha! - they just read me the guidance notes - no help!!
    If someone would be kind enough to just point me in the right direction & get me started I'd be extremely grateful - then I can move on to the mountain of paperwork awaiting me beneath this form - thanks x x
    H x

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Variation form headache! help please

It gave me a headache too! And i have had about 3 variations over the years! Once you have done one though just save it to your comp and adapt it if you ever need one again

In the action plan i just waffled a bit about the general weekly routine eg most morning we participate in a structured activity (toddler group, a&c's blablabla), afternoons may carry on from the morning or be completly different. Then i discussed some of the toys i had and how i make sure they are age appropiate eg older children play with lego at the table or on a tray so safe for young child aswell. Followed by a little bit of making sure all children are fully engaged in activities and how i provide next steps.

For the equipment bit i just wrote about my transportation eg car seats, pushchairs, buggy boards, sleeping and eating arrangements.

Hope this helps! x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG Whats a variation form? Is it something we all have to do? Or just something you're doing?
    Sorry. New to all this x x x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just filled out a variation form the other day and I don't remember seeing any of these sections . Hope I filled out the right thing. I've had an email saying they have received it but they've not yet told me I've done it wrong. Now I'm worried

xxxxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeMoment View Post
    OMG Whats a variation form? Is it something we all have to do? Or just something you're doing?
    Sorry. New to all this x x x
    It's just a request for a change so for instance if you need to go over your numbers.

xxxxx

March09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGiggles View Post
    It gave me a headache too! And i have had about 3 variations over the years! Once you have done one though just save it to your comp and adapt it if you ever need one again

In the action plan i just waffled a bit about the general weekly routine eg most morning we participate in a structured activity (toddler group, a&c's blablabla), afternoons may carry on from the morning or be completly different. Then i discussed some of the toys i had and how i make sure they are age appropiate eg older children play with lego at the table or on a tray so safe for young child aswell. Followed by a little bit of making sure all children are fully engaged in activities and how i provide next steps.

For the equipment bit i just wrote about my transportation eg car seats, pushchairs, buggy boards, sleeping and eating arrangements.

Hope this helps! x
    Many thanks, really helped - all sent off - keep my fingers crossed as the parents are desperate for me to continue looking after their child. Right....on with the next mountain of paperwork that awaits!!!
    H x

aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'GOOD'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I just filled out a variation form the other day and I don't remember seeing any of these sections . Hope I filled out the right thing. I've had an email saying they have received it but they've not yet told me I've done it wrong. Now I'm worried

xxxxx
    i had an email of confirmation of reciept then got full form sent to me through the post to fill in and send back so beware it may be on it's way!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    It's just a request for a change so for instance if you need to go over your numbers.

xxxxx
    Oh right. Thank you! I may actuallly need to do one myself lol