Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Grading Inspection ..

Hi everyone, I've got my first grading inspection next week, luckily Mrs O couldn't get here this week because of the snow so its given me a week to get myself properly organised ... phew!

Anyway, bit of a daft question but just wanted to ask what you use when you are doing an emergency evacuation practice to alert the children, do you normally use a whistle? I've already done my practice but didn't use anything as such as only had 2 children at the time - just wondering whether I need to go out and buy one or whether I could use something else? What do you do?

Also, I will have a 9 month old and a 2 and half year old when I am inspected, what sort of activities have worked best for you when you have been inspected?

Thanks v. much everyone xx

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First Grading Inspection ..

I use my smoke alarm. Just do what youwould normally do although i have to say i never do a messy craft activity when i have ofsted around.

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Whistles are quite loud and harsh and can scare some kids. I'd just do the evac on it's own, so long as you know where keys are and exits in different rooms you're covered, don't forget to document it.

As for activities, do what you would normally do because if you suddenly change something the kids may not like it.

good luck.
    Come back David....

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I put my phone on timer with bell sound effect. Good luck with inspection
    Liz xx