First Working Inspection
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Working Inspection

AARRGGHHHH......I had a call of Ofsted yesterday to say they would be visiting me start of February.
    She told me to make sure all my policies were in place and that I refreshed myself about safeguarding children and I know about 'limiting Judgements'
    I have no clue what the limiting judgements is. Does any know?

I am really panicing as I am only looking after one child, and she is not the easiest child to get to do things.
    She has tantrums if she doesn't want to do things and at the moment is having screaming fits just because the TV isn't on.

Also I see alot of people referring to SEF. I have no idea what this is, or whether I shold have it!!!!

i am so worried I am going to get a bad outcome.

Any advice greatfully received

Shell
    Last edited by newminder; 09-01-2010 at 09:20 AM.

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First Working Inspection

Quote Originally Posted by newminder View Post
    AARRGGHHHH......I had a call of Ofsted yesterday to say they would be visiting me start of February.
    She told me to make sure all my policies were in place and that I refreshed myself about safeguarding children and I know about 'limiting Judgements'
    I have no clue what the limiting judgements is. Does any know?
    Try this
    www.leadermagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=1475

I am really panicing as I am only looking after one child, and she is not the easiest child to get to do things.
    She has tantrums if she doesn't want to do things and at the moment is having screaming fits just because the TV isn't on.

Also I see alot of people referring to SEF. I have no idea what this is, or whether I shold have it!!!!

You should have recieved a password and stuff of ofsted to activate this, it is all about self evaluation dont worry it is not compulsury.

i am so worried I am going to get a bad outcome.
    Dont worry as long as you have got all your paper work in order and if the child does tantrum just make sure you deal with it calmly and correct.

Any advice greatfully received

Shell
    Finally calm down and breath

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First Working Inspection

Thank you for the reply. I have not received anything off Ofstd regarding this SEF so I shall tell her that when she come.

Off to look at the link.

thank you again

Shell