Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: At last my inspection will be soon

dear shirl

i am horrified with the woman from ofsted, maybe they couldnt fault anything else so they had to find something, she must of praised you on your good points so focus on those not the stupid comments she made!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

at least it's not your childminding practice that pulled you down, don't worry about it i got pulled down on my inspection as an apple had fallen off my apple tree and it was classified a wasp hazard,

if you know that she is a nit picker then next time you can be prepared for her
    as rascal says focus on the positives

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

glad it went well bar the picky stuff

I live in RAF housing and have plaster falling from my kitchen and bathroom which is on their 'to do list' I've been in this house nearly 3 years so know how your feeling about this.

One of the things picked up was my low wall on the side of my house, to which DHE said any change 'you' have to make! But then anythign I do I'll get charged on for damage!! Grrr
    Can't belive she was picking up on'marks on the handles ect what has that really got to do with looking after children (I have the old brass/ but no way brass handles on mine that look manky regardless!!)

xxEmmaxx

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had such a jobsworth for an inspector, try to forget about it now and enjoy Christmas, at least next time you will be prepared for her.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    "GOOD"
    Post Thanks / Like

She was impressed with my terrisom procedure polcy (we have had a incident this year which meant the bomb disposal were called out) as she had not come accross any other childminder with one, my room was well organised, I had a nice child size table chairs and the my minded child & my daughter had wonderfull manners, in everyting else I got staifactory..

Phoned hubby last night to get me some barcadi on the way for me but I was too tired to driink by the time he got home.

Oh well thanks for all your support.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlwith3 View Post
    She was impressed with my terrisom procedure polcy (we have had a incident this year which meant the bomb disposal were called out) as she had not come accross any other childminder with one, my room was well organised, I had a nice child size table chairs and the my minded child & my daughter had wonderfull manners, in everyting else I got staifactory..

Phoned hubby last night to get me some barcadi on the way for me but I was too tired to driink by the time he got home.

Oh well thanks for all your support.

ahhh forces live eh!!! Don't have one of these though just about 3 back up emergancy plans to go with policies!!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh! The inspector seems a bit over the top - I am sorry that you feel sad and I hope it gets sorted out and when you move you get to have the carpet of your dreams!! I will learn by this and make sure my door handles are gleaming (not something I actually clean, to tell you the truth??)and my carpet is a bit to be desired!
    Don't let it spoil your xmas, I bet these silly little problems are nothing compared to how great you are as a childminder.
    I hope you feel better today

XXXXXX

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Just wanted to say that my inspector also liked my procedure in the event of a terrorist attack policy! Focus on the positives ...at least it's really just a temp grade & you'll know what to clean for next time! Chin up!
    Tasha

august
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant belive that the inspector was being so picky about door handles...Im going to make sure that mine are clean now.

Nat
    x

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh im so panicking now ive read this I have a 2 yr old and a dog they both like to get mud every where (i do clean up after them) but you never know i might miss something,
    My carpet is 6 months old and its in a real mess kids spill things and dog with paws i have tried to minimise all these things but its nearly impossible..
    Also my kitchen has just been ripped out and put a new one in but i now need to decorate ie, tiles and wallpaper will i be marked down on this?
    Also my front lawn has been pulled up for new turf its a complete mess and i cant do it til the weather gets better will this affect me?
    Sorry ive gone on and on

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was away on holiday when you posted this and am now just catching up

I am sorry to hear about this Shirl. It sounds like she was being really picky and in my opinion unecessary and unfair.

By the sounds of it she was obviously having an 'off' day
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12