Inspection
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection

After my inspection yesterday I have decided this is not the job for me!! I put my heart and soul into it and it just wasn't good enough I give up my weekends and evenings and for what?!......to be downgraded well I cant go through that again.

I couldn't sleep last night cos it kept playing on my mind and I have been in a foul mood today

Registered Childminder since
    apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Inspection

Sorry you're feeling like that hun, cant you wait until you're feeling a bit calmer before making any decisions.

Sending you hugs
    Helen xXx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Louise I'm sorry you feel like that!

If parents and children are happy then what does one inspector for a few hours know?

Take some time out and work through your options.

Sending hugs xx

Jul 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sarah, if your parents are happy and you enjoy working with the little uns...take no notice of what one inspector says. She has to analysis your setting on a few hours, they don't see the other things we do...

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said try and give yourself time, like you probably know deep down the grade dont matter to parent but i know its probably more a personal thing, i really feel for you ((((hugs))))

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened Louise?

Post Thanks / Like

You are a good childminder Louise

I agree with Sarah - what does a inspector know when shes only just met you and is only there for a few hours

It is more important if the children and parents are happy and im sure that they are

I can understand how you feel at the moment after all your hard work but I hope you change your mind

You have some fantastic ideas and I dont think you should let that go to waste to be honest

Hugs to you

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyChildmind View Post
    What happened Louise?
    TBH I cant actually remember I was in shock!! There were 3 recomendations and 1 of which I dont agree with her writing because it was a proprity for improvement on my SEF.

D was playing in the sand tray making tyre tarcks with the tractors, he flicked the sand all over the floor and in his hair and eyes etc, I cleaned him up and then cleaned the sand off the floor and she said I shouldnt have done I shouldve just waiting until he'd finished.

I took C to change his nappy and D was in the front room crying at the gate (seperation anxiety), the oven was on so he couldnt come in the kitchen and there is not enough room in the bathroom he wouldve ended up standing on C. I could see D and he could see me cos all rooms are down here and I kept talking to him reasurring him and she why I never took him with me?

C had gone to sleep and the dinner was on and instead of leaving D crying again I took him into the kitchen and sat him in the highchair witht he straps on, I gave some paper and a pen, then some toy cars whilst I sorted lunch. We then came back into the living room to tidy for up for lunch as we always do and she said I had confused him when there was no need and I shouldn't of tidied up until he had enough.

Also she asked if I thought D had enough toys out, he'd got the cars/trucks/tractors/construction site play mat/ books, the doll and accessessories (because we had a new baby and he is about to be a big brother) we had done a sand activity in the kitchen, we had the transport lacing cards (he loves transport so was childs interest). I said to her well lets face it if we put anymore into the room we wont be able to get out of the doors!! New baby was also in the blow up activity ring in the living room!!

On one of the EYFS questionaires that the parents had completed she asked would a parent understand this question (cant remember which) I said well yes I am confident that I have shared more than enough information with parents about the EYFS we have had meetings I get feedback in their learning journeys and daily diaries we share newsletters, emails, texts etc. If there is something parents are unsure of I have looked up the info and provided it for them!!

Post Thanks / Like

and the kitchen/highchair situation she said cant I get him to sit on a chair and wait - when have you ever known a nearly 2 year old to sit still on a chair

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds a nightmare!

Personally I'd wait to see the report and then challenge it in writing

Try not to let it get you down - you know how good you are at the job and at the end of the day it's the parents opinions that matter

Miffy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Sounds a nightmare!

Personally I'd wait to see the report and then challenge it in writing

Try not to let it get you down - you know how good you are at the job and at the end of the day it's the parents opinions that matter

Miffy xx
    Yes I agree with Miffy wait and see what the report says

Hope you are ok Louise ?

Angel xx

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, louise

im registered but not actually minding yet so i hope you dont mind me posting

i understand why you are upset, those situations she has picked you up on worry me as i would do the same thing,

my children are nearly 4 and 2, i dont like them in the kitchen while im cooking and quite often have the youngest one hanging off the gate into the kitchen winging/crying to come in and my rule is they stay in lounge or if come in kitchen they sit at table with a toy.

Im suprised she asked if he needed more toys out, what about health and safety, my kids quite often have so many things out there is no floor space to even sit and play they fall over stuff so i get them to tidy up what they arent playing with, and we always have tidy up time before lunch and i only let them keep something out if they want to continue with it after lunch.oh and id clean up the sand too, either just what was spilt or the whole thing as i dont like children throwing sand, seen some nasty eye problems cos of it getting in kids eyes

anyway what im trying to say is she seems very picky and seems to take everything as she she sees it rather than thinking about the reasons for doing things if that makes sense(probly not lol)

i know its easy for me to say but if children are happy and parents are happy then i wouldnt worry too much about 1 persons opinion(feel free to remind me i said that when i have mine)

take care
    charlotte x

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds to me as though you are a GOOD childminder and you have thought out safety impliations (i.e. not coming in kitchen, no room in bathroom) - I wonder if you had done it the other way and let him in would she have picked up on that. Also, at that age if you have too many toys out then they just end up throwing them about anyway and it sounds like you had plenty out.

I think you should wait for the report and then challenge it. Whatever you do don't rush into any decision until you have had a bit of time to gather yourself back together. I am sure if you speak with your parents they will reassure you that you are doing a great job and thay they are very happy with what you do - after all they are the important ones - seeing as it's their children and they are paying for your service.
    Donna

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

She sounds a really picky Inspector who was picking up on very minor things. You were keeping your mindees safe and happy, how you do that is up to you surely. When you choose to sweep the sand up - oh, come on!!

I put mine in the highchair if it's safer (and quieter!) there. If you had left mindee to cry again, she would have said something to that too.

If your parents are happy and the children safe and cared for, don't worry.

Put the inspection behind you and enjoy the children
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

LOOPYLISA Guest

She sounded like a right moo

You know you are a good cm, your parents know it, the children love you, easy for me to say as im not minding yet, but chin up, head high,

Forgot to add " a 2yr old sitting STILL on a chair, i know my neice never did, i also used to put her in a high chair, especially when cooking.
    Last edited by LOOPYLISA; 21-01-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your inspection Louise, I have looked on your website and the photos of the children in your care all seem to be having so much fun and well cared for, if they weren't happy you couldn't make them look like they are enjoying themselves so much, they would be pulling sulky faces all the time.
    As the others have said wait for your report and if you feel you need to them make a complaint and get your parents to write for you as well, she sounded a right picky Inspector.
    I only live about 10 mins from you so if you feel that you need someone to visit with or just someone to shout at pm me and I will give you my details.
    Teacake2

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have missed this yesterday Louise. But I agree - wait and see what your report says and then pick up the points she made. I think you definitely had an extremely picky one there.
    Last edited by crazybones; 21-01-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: my grammer is terrible
    Annie x

mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor you. Sounds like you got a nightmare inspector.

Try to chill out. YOU know you are good. Wait for report like the others said and then challenge, definitely. YOU are the expert here! Not the inspector!

Sounds like bad luck, not bad childminding from you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am new on this forum but have been minding ages who was your inspector cos I had one for my last inspection and I rang Early years to tell them I was giving up after that inspection. They calmed me down and I have carried on. My parents are all more than happy with my care. As everyone else says what do they know in a few hours If you want to speak off here I can send you my email if you want as I dont want to push you. I know exactly how your feeling. xx hugs x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no hard and fast rules and it was just her opinion.

I am sorry but the sooner we all decide to refuse to put up with this the better.

I had already decided last inspection that if this started to happen ( and lets face it, it sometimes is a matter of if the inspector likes the look of your face) then i would ask her to leave my home straight away. Then put in a complaint.
    This way she would not be able to complete an unfair inspection, and land me with a unfair grade.

As it happens she was lovely and very down to earth not at all a jobs worth.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast