Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Re inspections

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re inspections

I had a visit from our Surestart boss on Monday and she mentioned that the new 3 year cycle of inspections starts again from September (now) and potentially anyone, no matter when your last inspection was, could receive that dread call at any time from now on. That's theory. She did say they'll be looking at Satisfactories first but to be prepared in any case if you're Good or Outstanding.

I admit to being a bit lazy at times, mostly with paperwork (not the safety or learning of the children) but have made a vow to run my business from here on out as if OFSTED could knock at the door at any moment. Better than flying into a panic when they DO ring cos I've left so much to get done. (like I did last time, hehe)
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Re inspections

Yes I was also told the same a while ago - there is a thread somewhere long lost now haha

Best all be on our best behaviour then and be all ready and prepared ha

Angel xx

Aug2007
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

When I head my inspection in July the inspector insisted it would be 3 years possible even 4 before I have my next inspection.

I did query this with her because of the EYFS and she told me (she was a very down to earth honest lady!) that they were already so far behind that they have to put an order on inspections, newly registered first, inadequates, satiafactorys, then goods and lastly the outstandings. And because I got outstanding in July she predidcted it would be nearer 4 years before they get round to me again.

Only time will tell I guess!
    Lucy

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Re inspections

I thought I was due mine any day now but haven't heard anything thank goodness as I am not ready with the EYFS policy paperwork
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLucy View Post
    When I head my inspection in July the inspector insisted it would be 3 years possible even 4 before I have my next inspection.

I did query this with her because of the EYFS and she told me (she was a very down to earth honest lady!) that they were already so far behind that they have to put an order on inspections, newly registered first, inadequates, satiafactorys, then goods and lastly the outstandings. And because I got outstanding in July she predidcted it would be nearer 4 years before they get round to me again.

Exactly what my inspector told me in July this year But I have vowed I will not be complacent and will stay up to date. Just good business practice.
    Jen

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did say it was theory. Actual practice often differs drastically!
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tatia View Post
    Well, I did say it was theory. Actual practice often differs drastically!
    And where Ofsted's concerned anything can happen

Miffy xx

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLucy View Post

Yep, I was told the same.
    X JINX X