Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ofsted Inspection

Sorry Angela I've never quoted anybody before and I've made a hash of if !

I wanted to quote you and say that I got 'Outstanding' after minding for 6 months.

I agree (Yes really) that it is not long enough for a minder to be given this grade.

I had plenty of time on my hands as I was not overly busy and had EVERYTHING spit polished and shiny!

The proof of the pudding will be in September when I am due my next inspection. If I am lucky enough to attain an 'outstanding' grade again I will truely feel I deserve it. I feel a little embarressed about my grade at the moment.

That said I work very hard and really feel that I try to 'uphold' (Is that the right word) the 'outstanding' grade I have been given.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

ofsted are that good they gave a primary school near me outstanding who dont spend anytime on various religions just one and they let 5 children with dyslexia slip through the net my child was one of them!!!!!

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Smartie Be proud (i'm sure you are ) of your outstanding grade the 2 minders i refered to are fantastic minders and parents speak very highly of them

I only think inspectors should see evidence of a longer term of minding, children with different needs, parents references, experiances of childminding.

I think a lot of new minders are doing a great job and putting so much time and effert into their new job, but we are all learning new situations.

I would personally think minders should be working for a longer time to qualify for the highest grade. This is just my opinion.

Angela
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12