Wrap around care and inspection protocol. Advise appreciated!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrap around care and inspection protocol. Advise appreciated!

Morning eveyone :-)

I currently have 2 children and both are wrap around care - aged 5 and 10. An inspection date was confirmed and was planned on a day when I had both children after school. I was told inspection would be between 3-4 hours long.

However, the inspection date has now been changed and I will be inspected during school hours so no children will be present. I was told that because I dont have eyfs children at present, I don't have to be inspected with children there.

Am I right in thinking that even if I only have wrap around children at present, inspections should be done when children are there?

It will be the same outcome either way (Met - not met etc) but just curious to know if this is right.

My main question is would this still be a 3-4 hour inspection as I was told it would be. No children will be present and I'm under the impression this will not be a full inspection as stated in the EY Inspection handbook.

Shell x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is explained page 6-7 of the new Inspection Handbook. Should be when children present 'if practicable', so no clear answer!
    3-4 hours sounds like a long time for an inspection of there are no children to observe, but it all depends how much detail the inspector wants to go into. Hope it goes well x

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection without children

Hi shellib
    Have you had your inspection? I am in the same boat as you. However I do have 4 year old in reception and a 3 year old in the school nursery who only does before and after school as well, but she wants to do an inspection without children. I feel that this will disadvantage me as she then can't see how I interact with the children and how happy they are here and my inspection report wont reflect that.