Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    fEB2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If I quit and still leave registration on just in case

Hi
    Hoping for a bit of information. I’ve gone a little quite lately (most have around the area) looking at getting another job, i know I can keep my registration open, If I’m not minding when I’m due my inspection I know they still come out and see if I’m still meeting the requirements. I just wanted to know if I have the inspection to prove I’m meeting the requirements, how long after do they come out again afterwards? How long not minding do they cancel it for you? I still would like to keep my registration open as it’s something to fall back on.
    Thanks in advance

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can put your registration on hold for 3 years after that if you have no children on roll they will cancel your registration.

Good luck
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe you still need to be meeting the EYFS requirements at all times- so keeping your first aid up to date, your safeguarding and any food hygiene requirements from your LA, and your PLI insurance. A call to Ofsted may help to confirm these things. You'd still be on the usual 'once-in-every-4-years inspection cycle'. This cycle ends 31st July 2020.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I kept my registration up while I did something else for a couple of years. In the May of the second year I had a letter saying they had being trying to contact me for an inspection and because I hadn't answered my phone if they didn't hear from me they would cancel my registration. It was coming up to the end of the registration cycle and I had to have an inspection with no children on roll. I had to take a day off work as the inspector wouldnt delay it a couple of weeks until I had some time off.
    The inspection itself was quite straightforward and you get either a met or not met.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Bluebell, I never thought of people on a break having to take day off work for the inspection! That's tough.

Ben10mad, I don't know how long they will leave it before inspecting you again. I had a no children on roll inspection a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if/when they would inspect me again. I still have no children on roll.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't very impressed at taking time off from teaching as it was pre-exams so not ideal, and as far as I was concerned doing it in the May half term would have been easier! I'm back childminding now and also wondering when my next inspection will be - a lot of the others in our town have been done recently so I'm just waiting for the call!

7. Likes Maza liked this post