Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First inspection

Hi all
    I've been registered 25 months and I had my first graded inspection yesterday. She had initially called me on Friday asking what children I had what day. I was to expect her monday to thursday. When she arrived yesterday after initial introduction etc she informed me I had broken the rules in regard to continuity of care on the tuesday as Ofsted have no record of me notifying them of my variation. She went onto tell me i was unlikely to get higher than a Requires Improvement due to the variation and failing to notify. I tried to argue the case that I had to satisfy the inspector, not notify ofsted but she insisted they should have a record of me telling them of this variation which is for 4 hours on a tuesday. WHen I have these 4 I am satisfied that as they are the only children present their care isnt affected i've risk assessed and covered how I met all their needs and all eyfs parents have read and signed.

She was very satisfied in my setting towards the end and she I know I cant share my grade but day wasnt as devastating as I expected, and she said my teaching was verging on outstanding and that I am a fantastic storyteller which was nice to hear.

The thing is I'm going to be devastated if my report mentions that I havent upheld the EYFS due to this variation because I dont agree that I was wrong. I've read that document cover to cover and can honestly say I follow it to the letter.

Where do I go from here?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally i would be contacting Ofsted about this immediately and telling them if it appears in your report or has lowered your grading in any way you will be putting in a complaint and appealing as no where does it state we have to inform ofsted.

As soonas you receive your report go through it with a fine toothcomb. If it does appear they you only have so long to complain.

Let us know how you go on please
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thank you for your advice I have emailed Ofsted with a brief overview of what happened. I have also contacted my local early years team who have said I have done nothing wrong and will back me in a complaint if necessary. They want to see my report when I receive it and will bring the inconsistency up when they meet with Ofsted.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sadly there are still ofsted inspectors who don't know their own rules

Please ask if there is anything we can do to support you - we know the rules well and have lots of Ofsted contacts if needed

Jan 201
    Non childminder member
    31/01/2018
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted inspections.

[QUOTE=sarah707;1434958]Sadly there are still ofsted inspectors who don't know their own rules

Please ask if there is anything we can do to support you - we know the rules well and have lots of Ofsted contacts if needed [/help me]

Hi Sarah im looking for advice on what ofsted require in the Liverpool Merseyside Area on a first proper inspection after pre reg and how long do you wait after your pre reg for your first inspection

Thanks

Mandy