HELP & ADVICE Ofsted and outstanding social service check.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation HELP & ADVICE Ofsted and outstanding social service check.

Hello,

Im all very new to this but if someone could help me and give me advice I would really appreciate it. So...

I applied to Ofsted in the beginning of April and 3 months ago I phoned up and asked for an update on my application. All of my checks have been completed and my husbands; except for his Social Service check from Croydon.

My husbands Social Service check was sent on the 29th April and still has not been completed. It's been nearly 3 months that this has been outstanding for and it's incredibly frustrating to know that it is the only document I am waiting for. I have been phoning up Ofsted regularly for an update regarding the subject and even phoned up Croydon Social Services.

Ofsted have told me that they chase it up once a week and that Croydon S. S have a back log of documents they need to complete. I have asked Ofsted if they can chase it up more than once a week and if there is anything I can do but they told me that I just need to wait. When phoning S.S I keep getting referred to various people and getting no where.

Is there anything else I can do to speed this along?
    Is there anything else I can say to Ofsted/S.S?

If anyone can give me advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Very frustrating but very typical. You can put your complaint in writing to all concerned, but not much else you can do, unfortunately, I think. Hope it comes through soon.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've heard of cms waiting up to a year unfortunately - all you can do is keep chasing and chasing and hopefully you will find someone will be able to push it through for you.

I hope it hurries up!

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have finally received the check back!! Hooray! Chasing up works! Thanks for the advice everyone! Now just waiting for a phone call from an Ofsted inspector