ofsted visit when parents are staying
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted visit when parents are staying

Hi.. I am due to have Ofsted pre registration home based childminding visit in the next few weeks but my dad has decided he wants to come to stay at our for a month in the summer hols. how does this stand with ofsted? is he allowed to stay that long as a visitor? does it matter? im a little stressed about it. any advice would be helpful. thanks.xx

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are allowed to have visitors to stay, but if he came frequently (how frequent 'frequent' is is anyones guess lol but personally I would say regularly frequent rather than once or twice a year) then he would need a DBS check.
    So long as you understand what you can and can't do regarding mindees and visitors (ie, never left alone etc) and you can explain that to your inspector, you should be fine

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had my mother in law recuperating with us when I had my initial pre reg inspection.
    DH took her out whilst the inspection took place.
    Because she was an unknown length of time staying I rang after I had become registered and informed Ofsted of the situation. She didn’t need a dbs but they sent me a letter reminding me of not leaving her alone with the children etc...

At the time, on this forum, people will sharing accounts of big issues to have their parents from abroad staying and needing dbs but my experience didn’t reflect this.