A couple of inspection queries
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A couple of inspection queries

Hi I wonder if antone can advise me please? At inspection what level of paperwork is required for older children (7 & 9) for before and after school care? At my last inspection I only had EY children.

Also I am worried as I have read that the inpector must see your DBS. I have never had a DBS, OFSTED did a CRB check as part of my registration, but I have nothing on paper.

My inspection is imminent so I am stressing about things already!!!

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nothing really for a 7 & 9 yr old as they're out of the EYFS, however, if you do a scrapbook of the things they do with you then you can always show that if asked - if you don't already do one, don't worry, it's not a requirement. I do them but only because all my mindees started with me when they were in the EYFS so I just carried on with pics of things we do once they started school.
    I don't recall an inspector looking at them though, as they were only really interested in EYFS children.

Not sure how long ago you became registered, but I was CRB'd in 2011, although I did receive the check back, it was a really long form - longer than A4, if that jogs your memory?
    Whilst again, I don't recall an inspector looking at it since it was issued, it is in my folder, along with DD's crb, DS's DBS and both their letters of suitability, so they may have seen it without me noticing.
    Your registration certificate wouldn't have been issued without a valid CRB/DBS so I personally wouldn't worry too much

Good luck for your inspection, try to stay calm, I know my inspections have always been far less stressful than I built up in my head lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was registered so long ago I don't even have a CRB!

Back in those days you didn't get anything on paper, so I've never had any proof. It's never been queried at an inspection as it's all on file - you couldn't be registered without the necessary checks being in place so it's taken for granted that you've had some sort of check done.

I've never even needed to show CRB/DBS for family members. All I have on file are the letters of suitability from Ofsted and that's been enough.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as Mouse for me. I haven’t got paperwork for myself as social services did checks when I registered. It’s never been queried x

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as mouse I was registered when it was social services years ago so nothing on paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your help, thats 2 less things to stress about!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybunny View Post
    Thank you very much for your help, thats 2 less things to stress about!!!
    Good luck with your inspection, hope to hear your feedback when its all done and you can relax x