Inspection next week, SEF not done! help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection next week, SEF not done! help!

Hi All, as the title sujests, I have my first inspection next week, and I have not done one of the SEF things online, should I have done this? I am panicking about all of it, what do I do?

Many thanks Emma.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax, you do not need to do it. You do need to be reflecting on your practice, have ideas about what you are working on to improve your practice, have things to talk about to show how you have developed yourself, how you are striving to improve, how you work with parents, support learning at home etc. You can do that in a diary, a notebook or off the top of your head if you are good at talking!
    If you want to do the online SEF there is still time, you do not need to write loads, it might help to just read through it and make yourself some notes to help you answer the questions the inspector might ask.
    I have always done the online SEF and my inspectors have said it has been very useful, they can see in advance how you work etc. The SEF is your chance to call out all your good points, put in all the lovely quotes from parents and children, to blow your own trumpet. So if you can manage it, it can be a good thing.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both so much. I am sure I'm not the only one who goes to a big pile of jelly after that call. I suddenly feel very useless at my job! The registration inspection was bad enough, but this is a whole new level of nerves, including waking loads at night thinking of things I should do!

Thanks for your support. Emma.