Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration Inspection!

Hi!

Sorry, i'm sure you've all had hundreds of posts like this, but I've just had the call to say that they are coming on THURSDAY!! I thought that I was prepared as much as I could be but now i'm second guessing myself. The lady said to have everything in place as much as possible, but then she said that she gave a "not suitable" to someone the other day because they didn't have their first aid kit to hand. She then said that the lady sent in evidence a few days later showing it now ready so the decision was overturned. My thinking was that if the intent was there, such as these are the stairs gates i'm going to use or this is the car seat i'm going to get then that would all be taken into consideration?

I believe I've got everything in place knowledge wise and documentation wise but I will be going all over that again before Thursday. Do I need to have printed copies of my consent forms/contracts/policies etc? or is it suitable to just show them on the laptop or confirm that I have them? I have no problem printing them out but I just want to be sure.

My theory currently is to over prepare and expect the worst, rather than not prepare and expect to sail through it!

I wouldn't be so worried but she seemed very straight laced on the phone, didn't laugh at anything etc so that's concerned me. Plus i feel like this is my one and only shot at becoming a childminder and i've got everything riding on it, literally my life and my house etc is riding on me passing.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Sorry for the long, ranty post! If anyone can please provide me with as much evidence as possible for their registration inspections I would owe you everything!

I might even bake the inspector a cake!!

TIA! xx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sure those recently inspected for registration will be able to give you up to date info and advice.
    I can offer that a friend was inspected for registration just before Christmas, the inspector expected her to have everything as if she was having children the next day. She said that her inspection ok meant that the childminder could start work immediately after, therefore she needed to see everything in place.
    My experience tells me that inspectors like little booklets of paper evidence that they can find and look at whilst they write their notes, not having to rely on you to access a document, though I would imagine you can show her evidence as she asks questions.
    I think we all go through the overthinking stage when we get the call, you are not on your own.
    Good luck for Thursday.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Try to relax and be yourself. She is there to tick everything off on her list.

Best of luck and please let us know how it goes so others behind you can benefit.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi how did your registration inspection go? I am due mine any day now 😬
    I read that I am suppose to have an EYFS pack and it gives a number to call to order one but the number does not work? Did you have one?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sam04 View Post
    Hi how did your registration inspection go? I am due mine any day now 😬
    I read that I am suppose to have an EYFS pack and it gives a number to call to order one but the number does not work? Did you have one?
    That's very out of date advice ... you can download and print the Eyfs 2017 and the registration handbook has all the pre-reg inspection information you need

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...g_handbook.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sarah, I have read that document too that's why I wasn't worried to much but getting closer to my registration date I thought I better check that I definitely don't need an eyfs pack... I read it in the 'Early years register: preparing for your registration visit' booklet. Which is a guide of questions the inspector may ask during the inspection. Maybe I have downloaded an old one as this one does not have a published date on but I previously had one the last time I registered in 2013 but there was a lot less questions in it and was published 2012 so I thought that was the old one. Never mind as long as I do not need the pack I'm as ready as I can be lol