Lost CRB Certificate..help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost CRB Certificate..help!

Since my last inspection, one of my family's CRB Certificates has gone missing, and I'm wondering what to do now (other than panic!). My next inspection is imminent, and I understand that CRB's cannot be reprinted/replaced , or updated (as they can be now with the DBS update service).
    The only thing I can think of doing is contacting Ofsted , and/or applying for a new check to be done, but just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation, or has any advice? I'd really appreciate any ideas!x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Eyfs states that Ofsted keep certificates for childminders - requirement 3.12 - so I wouldn't worry about it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a copy of the letter of suitability?

I couldn't find the CRB or letter for one of my sons. I emailed Ofsted and asked what I should do. They phoned me back and said that as they keep a copy of everything on file it was OK. It was on their records that he had had a CRB done and that they had judged him as being suitable to be on the premises. I asked for them to send me a letter for my files, which they said they would, but which they didn't.

Unfortunately my inspector didn't believe what I told her, despite me showing her the emails. She caused such a fuss when all it took was a call to Ofsted to confirm what they'd told me!

My advice would be email Ofsted and ask for an email reply for your records. When the inspector phones to arrange your inspection, tell them about it then and suggest they look into it before they visit if they have any concerns about it.

Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank You, Mouse and Sarah...
    Panic over!! Luckily we managed to find the letter of suitability, and I called Ofsted, who confirmed that yes, they had a record of the disclosure number, and this would be sufficient evidence (in the absence of the actual certificate) if asked about it by the inspector. Phew! certainly don't need this stress at the moment, but thank you ladies...your advice is much appreciated! x

5. Likes hectors house liked this post