DBS and lodgers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DBS and lodgers

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DBS and lodgers

Hi, I am a registered childminder. I also let rooms to lodgers. Everybody has a enhanced DBS, everyone is on the update service. I read the Gov.com which said that due to Data protection i should only hold the DBS of anyone for a period of 6 months. I should not hold a copy after 6 months. I destroyed all DBS of my three lodgers. I assume that as they opened a Gateway account and joined my registration all is open for Ofsted to see.
    I am now panicking as i would like to know i have acted correctly. Should i have kept the lodgers DBS ? or am i correct in destroying them ? HELP !!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ofsted are 'hot' on disqualification / disqualification by association rules.

They will want to see evidence that anyone over teh age of 16 living or working on the premises has a police / crb / dbs check.

for childminders, the Eyfs states -

3.12.Providers other than childminders must record information about staff
    qualifications and the identity checks and vetting processes that have been
    completed (including the criminal records check reference number, the date a
    check was obtained and details of who obtained it). For childminders, the relevant
    information will be kept by Ofsted or the agency with which the childminder is
    registered.

I hope that reassures you