Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When to send off health declaration booklet

Hi all!

So I've filled in my part of the Health declaration booklet and I need to send it over to the doctor. However I can't see any information about when I send it off (sorry, it's likely to just be me as I didn't sleep very well last night!!)

Do I send it off after i've registered with Ofsted or wait until nearer the time of the inspection?

Thanks in advance x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Get it back to Ofsted as quickly as possible - you don't want anything to hold up your registration!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1502 View Post
    Hi all!

So I've filled in my part of the Health declaration booklet and I need to send it over to the doctor. However I can't see any information about when I send it off (sorry, it's likely to just be me as I didn't sleep very well last night!!)

Do I send it off after i've registered with Ofsted or wait until nearer the time of the inspection?

Thanks in advance x
    I woudl recommend collecting the comleted health declaration form your doctors, taking a photocopy of it to retain for yoru records then you have to submit it with your application to ofsted

June 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so all registered and the Doctor has signed my booklet (I printed it out etc so need to post it)

I assume I post it to this address:

Ofsted
    Piccadilly Gate
    Store Street
    Manchester
    M1 2WD

However, i've not yet been issued with like a reference number or URN number yet (it just says that it's been passed to a member of staff)

I assume that I need this before I send it off? Obviously so they can find me!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ofsted's Childcare Registration page is on Facebook here - Childcare Registration | Facebook

It has been set up to provide support for registering childminders.

A post on Feb 21st states -

You can apply to Ofsted before your health declaration is sent. You will need your DBS reference number when you submit your application with us online. After you submit your application, we’ll write to you and tell you the checks we’ll need, including the health declaration booklet. You’ll then have a set time-frame in which you'll need to complete these.

Yes the address is Picadilly Gate.

I hope that helps