Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Complaining about ofsted

Ofsted have downgraded me to requires improvement, they say I have failed to tell them about Adults living in the house which puts children in danger. This means I can’t claim funded hours any more. The nearly 2 year old disabled child I look after (my main earner) was supposed to start funded hours in January and now the parents have given notice and moved him to a nursery, and the other 2 year old might also be looking elsewhere for a funded place.

The inspector claimed Ofsted had no knowledge that I’ve lived with my partner and his 3 daughters (all under 13) for over 4 years although I did tell them. I have an Email from July 2012, where I asked them what they need to know about my house move and the email back where they said to phone them, which I did. I have no recording of the phone call to prove what I told them. My inspection report from 2009 says I live with my husband (I did at the time) and my report in 2013 which was carried out in my new home says I live with my partner, he was present during that inspection. But now Ofsted have it down in their record that I live here with my ex-husband and my partner is just down as my assistant. I also have other emails between myself and Ofsted regarding malicious complaints my partners ex-wife keeps making about me. In these I talk about my partner and his children who live with us under a shared residency order .

I’ve tried reasoning with them and I’ve I tried an official complaint but they just won’t budge. I’ve sent off a SAR to see what else I can find out but I’m now pretty much stumped and banging my head against a brick wall. They said their decision is finial and according to my research they only uphold 0.58% of complaints against inspections, so taking them to court for loss of earrings is pretty much futile. Their clerical error has ruined my business that I have built up over the last 14 years, I’m just so flipping angry and upset about it all.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can take it to a stage 3 complaint - the complaint paperwork says that they won't change a judgement just check the process was conducted properly BUT I do know some stage 3 complaints that have been overturned.

They go through all the previous paperwork and they read your submission which should include photocopies showing as much evidence as possible that you have informed them.

You should also have evidence of a completed ey2 form for your partner and the Ofsted suitability letter you get back after completing an ey2 form - that's the most important piece of paper to prove what you are saying.

It's a pity you didn't email rather than ring email gives you clear written evidence of what you have done.

I hope that helps x

Nov 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the suitability letter for my partner but it was at my old address. I have a hand written note with a date on the suitability letter, that I worte saying that I phoned OFSTED to check he was down as my assistant not just as someone living with me. I have done a SAR to see what they actually wrote after that phone conversation.

I did initialy Email them when I moved house but they replied by Email that I had to phone ( I have these emails).

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I advise you to put in a complaint - stage 3 is the final one or you can take it further to the ombudsman. You seem to have all the paperwork - put it into a clear timeline so there cannot be any confusion and hopefully someone will realise you have done everything right x