Post Ofsted action plan
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Post Ofsted action plan

I was ofsteded again in May and got outstanding with no areas of improvement in all areas, however Iv just been asked by the local outhority to provide a copy of my "post Ofsted action plan" or have a visit so she can help us implement one. Do you have to have one? And if Iv no areas for improvement what on earth do I write in it?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LA can't tell you what to do - you are self-employed.

They are supposed to help and advise... if you have no need for them then say so!

My post-Ofsted action plan is to aim for improvement in all areas

3. Likes VeggieSausage, Gayleashleigh liked this post
    Nov 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thankyou Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    LA can't tell you what to do - you are self-employed.

They are supposed to help and advise... if you have no need for them then say so!

My post-Ofsted action plan is to aim for improvement in all areas
    Thankyou for getting back to me

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion.

"My post-Ofsted action plan is to educate my local authority to cease acting like a bunch of jerks who have so little to do they have to bug me with requests for a post-Ofsted action plan."

6. Likes Gayleashleigh, Ripeberry liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gayleashleigh View Post
    I was ofsteded again in May and got outstanding with no areas of improvement in all areas, however Iv just been asked by the local outhority to provide a copy of my "post Ofsted action plan" or have a visit so she can help us implement one. Do you have to have one? And if Iv no areas for improvement what on earth do I write in it?
    You should have an area for improvement even being graded outstanding.

My inspector put 'continue to encourage other settings and professionals to work with me' ... its something i was/am already doing, but she said they have to put something.

Is there nothing YOU would like to improve/add/change? ... some training you want to do, a new resource you would like, moving some toys/equipment round, new car (?! I keep wondering about getting a bigger car)

However, you don't have to have a plan/visit from LA unless you want one.

8. Likes Gayleashleigh, bunyip liked this post
    Nov 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Suggestion.

"My post-Ofsted action plan is to educate my local authority to cease acting like a bunch of jerks who have so little to do they have to bug me with requests for a post-Ofsted action plan."

😂 Do we share the same local authority?

Nov 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

My inspector put 'continue to encourage other settings and professionals to work with me' ... its something i was/am already doing, but she said they have to put something.

Is there nothing YOU would like to improve/add/change? ... some training you want to do, a new resource you would like, moving some toys/equipment round, new car (?! I keep wondering about getting a bigger car)

However, you don't have to have a plan/visit from LA unless you want one.

My inspecter wrote "carry on the way you are" as I told her that whenever I think of areas of improvement I don't write them down, I do them straight away as that's the kind of person I am. Maybe doing makaton in the future but I thought it would look stupid with just one thing written down as I'm the only one who will read it.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Snap!

My last inspector gave me the identical improvement goal, despite being outstanding. The previous one gave me "improve the range of resources to reflect diversity" (same grade).

I'd love to know if their laptops automatically calculate a randomised target, or do they simply change to a different one with each new inspection cycle?

12. Likes Gayleashleigh, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am surprised that you don't have a suggested improvement. My inspector used one of my personal improvement ideas from my own action plan around organising art and craft for child choice, though she did say how I already organised it was good, but she had to put something - so we agreed this as it was already on my own improvement action plan.

I have just started revisiting my action plan and given this week's obesity action plan from the government I have decided to review my menus. DH has spent much of the holidays refining sugar free biscuits and pancakes - not quite there yet, but I have tasted many in his trials! So in addressing this area for my LO's my weight has already increased!! ( helped by the haggis and potato scone breakfasts whilst here in sunny Scotland).

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you do a SEF? You should just take something from there. You can write it down on some sort of table that you create, partly to show Ofsted, but also to remind yourself of what you have done. I think most of us are thinking of ways to improve and implementing our ideas without even realising it. At least jotting it down will jog your memory next time you are asked about it.

I can't remember exactly how mine was worded, but it was about making a positive contribution to the community. She suggested doing the 'Love in a Box' at Christmas time. As lovely as that is, it seemed like a one off activity and didn't have a long lasting effect on my mindees (plus it was a bit expensive) and so I found lots of different ways that we could address that 'area for improvement' which reflected my setting -and dare I say I, which didn't cost me a lot of money. I do have charities which I support but donating is just one way of making a positive contribution to the community.

Your Makaton idea sounds perfect.

Nov 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Do you do a SEF? You should just take something from there. You can write it down on some sort of table that you create, partly to show Ofsted, but also to remind yourself of what you have done. I think most of us are thinking of ways to improve and implementing our ideas without even realising it. At least jotting it down will jog your memory next time you are asked about it.

I can't remember exactly how mine was worded, but it was about making a positive contribution to the community. She suggested doing the 'Love in a Box' at Christmas time. As lovely as that is, it seemed like a one off activity and didn't have a long lasting effect on my mindees (plus it was a bit expensive) and so I found lots of different ways that we could address that 'area for improvement' which reflected my setting -and dare I say I, which didn't cost me a lot of money. I do have charities which I support but donating is just one way of making a positive contribution to the community.

Your Makaton idea sounds perfect.
    Hi, we do a sef, I leave the areas for improvement blank, I told the inspecter that one of my faults/personality traits is that if I find something that needs doing or improving I can't wait,I have to do it there and then so there's no point in writing it down as by the time I have it's already been done and sorted.( before I had a job I was a bit ocd &#128521She put on our report "carry on as before". The idea for makaton is because my daughter 18 , who was inspected at the same time and also got outstanding has just returned from her first holiday abroad with her partner and the place they stayed was adult only, very quiet and there were a lot of deaf people holidaying there,she said it would have been nice to be able to converse with them.

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I am surprised that you don't have a suggested improvement. My inspector used one of my personal improvement ideas from my own action plan around organising art and craft for child choice, though she did say how I already organised it was good, but she had to put something - so we agreed this as it was already on my own improvement action plan.

I have just started revisiting my action plan and given this week's obesity action plan from the government I have decided to review my menus. DH has spent much of the holidays refining sugar free biscuits and pancakes - not quite there yet, but I have tasted many in his trials! So in addressing this area for my LO's my weight has already increased!! ( helped by the haggis and potato scone breakfasts whilst here in sunny Scotland).
    I told the inspecter that one of my faults/personality traits is that if I find something that needs doing or improving I can't wait,I have to do it there and then so there's no point in writing it down as by the time I have it's already been done and sorted. She put on our report "carry on as before". The idea for makaton is because my daughter 18 , who was inspected at the same time and also got outstanding has just returned from her first holiday abroad with her partner and the place they stayed was adult only, very quiet and there were a lot of deaf people holidaying there,she said it would have been nice to be able to converse with them.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gayleashleigh View Post
    I told the inspecter that one of my faults/personality traits is that if I find something that needs doing or improving I can't wait,I have to do it there and then so there's no point in writing it down as by the time I have it's already been done and sorted. She put on our report "carry on as before". The idea for makaton is because my daughter 18 , who was inspected at the same time and also got outstanding has just returned from her first holiday abroad with her partner and the place they stayed was adult only, very quiet and there were a lot of deaf people holidaying there,she said it would have been nice to be able to converse with them.
    So you did have a recommendation - this solves our confusion....so if your LEA have asked for an improvement then quote the 'carry on as before'.
    I am a researcher, so once I have my mind on improving something I spend time researching and looking and listening to what works best, what has the biggest impact on improvement and progress for the LO's and how best can I include it in my practise, how do others, both in the UK and abroad address this issue, what is their impact ? Little things I address immediately, but other things I think need time, research, training to make the best improvement.
    So I would enrol on a makaton training course, having researched and specifically decided what my SMART goals were for my practise and setting and specifically for the LO's.

20. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    So you did have a recommendation - this solves our confusion....so if your LEA have asked for an improvement then quote the 'carry on as before'.
    I am a researcher, so once I have my mind on improving something I spend time researching and looking and listening to what works best, what has the biggest impact on improvement and progress for the LO's and how best can I include it in my practise, how do others, both in the UK and abroad address this issue, what is their impact ? Little things I address immediately, but other things I think need time, research, training to make the best improvement.
    So I would enrol on a makaton training course, having researched and specifically decided what my SMART goals were for my practise and setting and specifically for the LO's.
    Yeah, this.

........and ask the LA how they're gonna help fund that course for you if they're so concerned about CMs making improvements.

22. Likes Maza liked this post