Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ofsted fees

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted fees

Hi

How much do you pay for ofsted? I work on average 48 weeks a year now my business has developed.

You are in higher band if you operate for 45 or more weeks per year and 5 days or more a week and 3 hours or more a day( if registered on or after 1Sept 2008) or 4 hours per day ( if registered before 1 Sept 2008)
    Do I need to advise them and pay the higher fee of £50?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you still registered as a childminder or as childcare on domestic premises?

As far as I know, if you are a childminder there is just one set fee, regardless of the hours worked.

If your working hours have changed since you registered or were last inspected, you should inform them of that.

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Are you still registered as a childminder or as childcare on domestic premises?

As far as I know, if you are a childminder there is just one set fee, regardless of the hours worked.

If your working hours have changed since you registered or were last inspected, you should inform them of that.
    Hi

I registered in 2009 as a childminder. Think I my certificate states compulsory part of childcare register and the voluntary part if childcare register. Can't remember what hours I said I would work but assumed I would've said either 7am or 8am until 5pm and that's not changed! Confused.!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you on the Early Years register? I think that's £35 regardless of the number of weeks you work a year or the number of hours a day.
    Have you had an invoice through yet? I just pay whatever that says!

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Are you on the Early Years register? I think that's £35 regardless of the number of weeks you work a year or the number of hours a day.
    Have you had an invoice through yet? I just pay whatever that says!
    Yes had invoice through for £35 but has this extra letter to higher or lower rates? I'll pay £35. Thank you x

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered in 2007 and have always paid £35
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by It's a small world View Post
    Yes had invoice through for £35 but has this extra letter to higher or lower rates? I'll pay £35. Thank you x
    It's a standard letter ignore and pay £35 as long as you are on early years register.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fee confusion :-/

Hi all -

I am new here (have childminding briefing, this weekend, with the council, and doing ChIP in 3wks).

I have looked at OFSTED site numerous times now, and trying to work out the fees......I have even just called them, and the guy I spoke with didnt do any better at clarifying it for me, so I am hoping you lovely ladies can help me....?

In the fees section, it states £35 for EYFS Register, £103 for the childcare register, and then says £35 for both....?? So, if I apply for both it is just £35??

I was going to register on the voluntary part of the childcare register but, as it is £103, I don't know if I should, not if I only have to pay £35 to register on both.

If I am wrong, and that figure is just misleading: If I register on voluntary part, do I then have to register on the compulsary part, and pay another £103, once I have completed my ChIP??

Also - I already have a portable DBS....does this make the registration period shorter? It states up to 12 weeks, and I just wondered whether people do experience waits of 11/12 weeks, or if it is generally quicker?

Many thanks in advance. I am sure I will have many more questions going forward, so you will probably see me a lot more now - apologies in advance lol