Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    2ooo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default inpection

I also had an inspection on Monday I have been downgraded, I am gutted which I told her but she said I am a good grade, she said the back yard is not an outstanding area, i explained its not what it looks like its what the children can do out there, and anything inside can be taken out, we had the tuff tray in the kitchen with sand it ended up like a beach and no it wasn't just for the day it is a regular thing we do in the kitchen, her answer was i have seen it all before, to get outstanding you have to show me something i haven't seen, to which i replied that i have never heard that statement before to get an outstanding, she then added that my sef wasn't academic enough, again never heard of this before.
    She was very nice and polite at all times, but still I am gutted and still in shock about this, I am waiting for my report and just wondering if I should take this futher, no one seems to be working from the same criteria it really does seem to be who you get on the day.

2. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Feel for you Janet. There is a childminder down the road who was Outstanding in her last two inspections but went down to a good. Reason on her Ofsted report was that she doesn't give the children enough time to answer questions....but she was probably a bit nervous.

My inspector said she wanted to see number and shapes in my garden, I told her we take toys/resources outside and we also see shapes and numbers outside the setting as we go out a lot. School playground is full of numbers and we go twice a day. My mindees are fantastic at recognising their numbers but this wasn't enough for her. I told her I wasn't adding numbers and shapes to my garden as its my home and my own two children are teenagers.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

For a bit of balance, can I say that I had mine two weeks ago. My inspector was fantastic, and seemed to really 'get' childminding. She said that if parents wanted their children to go to a nursery setting, they should send them to a nursery. She said a childminder provides a home setting.
    I was very nervous. She also asked me lots of closed questions to get the answers out of me, such as 'you do cooking with the children, don't you?'

Although I only did my SEF the night before, and she knew that, she did read it all, and asked to take it with her so she could add some of it to her evidence, and even commented positively on it on my report.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    For a bit of balance, can I say that I had mine two weeks ago. My inspector was fantastic, and seemed to really 'get' childminding. She said that if parents wanted their children to go to a nursery setting, they should send them to a nursery. She said a childminder provides a home setting.
    I was very nervous. She also asked me lots of closed questions to get the answers out of me, such as 'you do cooking with the children, don't you?'

Although I only did my SEF the night before, and she knew that, she did read it all, and asked to take it with her so she could add some of it to her evidence, and even commented positively on it on my report.
    That sounds really nice My inspector didn't seem to understand childminding.... she asked me to open up my lounge area (which I use for quiet time/TV only) to create a playing area for the babies. She didn't seem to understand that it was my home!
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the inspector is a ficcers fan. In there is says you should wash babies and your hands after you remove nappy and before you put on a clean one,totally unpractical and again once clean one is on. (Must be at the sink with soap and water baby wipes are not enough) Total nonsense in my opinion

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by janet View Post
    I also had an inspection on Monday I have been downgraded, I am gutted which I told her but she said I am a good grade, she said the back yard is not an outstanding area, i explained its not what it looks like its what the children can do out there, and anything inside can be taken out, we had the tuff tray in the kitchen with sand it ended up like a beach and no it wasn't just for the day it is a regular thing we do in the kitchen, her answer was i have seen it all before, to get outstanding you have to show me something i haven't seen, to which i replied that i have never heard that statement before to get an outstanding, she then added that my sef wasn't academic enough, again never heard of this before.
    She was very nice and polite at all times, but still I am gutted and still in shock about this, I am waiting for my report and just wondering if I should take this futher, no one seems to be working from the same criteria it really does seem to be who you get on the day.
    Oh Janet I am so sorry you had an inspector who didn't understand your ethos or how you work.

If you are not happy about your inspection you need to lodge a complaint NOW - not when you get your report.

If you feel, for example, that the inspector didn't look at your evidence properly or ignored how you work because of her own preconceptions then she maybe needs to be retrained.

Hugs xx

2ooo
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone and thanku sarah I thought the report had to be issued first, I will definitely get everything wrote down and ring first thing Monday, i will let u know what happens xxxxxx

9. Likes sarah707, hectors house liked this post
    2ooo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janet View Post
    thanks everyone and thanku sarah I thought the report had to be issued first, I will definitely get everything wrote down and ring first thing Monday, i will let u know what happens xxxxxx
    just updating I have filled out the online complaints form, after a phone call to ofsted hopefully will be hearing from them shortly xxxxx

11. Likes Ripeberry, Maza, BallyH liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12